Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Friends!

Another beautiful day here in South Florida, about 72 and coolish.

Up since 6:30
Have dressed
Had morning coffee and walkabout with DH in the garden
Sent DH off to paint job in Plant City
Put down yard waste (whats not composted) and recycleables
A load of wash in the washer
Cleared email box
Fed fur balls
Made the bed
Meat for spagetti thawing

On todays schedule
Get DD up, fed and dropped at school
Work on paintjob in Sarasota til noon (waiting on carpenter)
Pick up stain for DH's
Pick up meds that weren't ready yesterday
Pick up box of blankets for donation to migrant camp
Pick up DD
Make supper
Take DD to skating rink for Wed. Youth Session

Home/Bed

Laurie in BRadenton

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I got up waaaaaaaaay to early and I thinking of heading back to bed. Then maybe I can do some more work on the kitchen, get dinner prepped, work on grocery list for friday, and relax tonight.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'm with you Kathy. I had a real problem with insomnia last night and I'm draggin' butt this morning. I've gotten DH off to work and made a pot of coffee. Hopefully that will help wake me up.

Today I need to....
*wash all my floors
*clean the bathrooms
*dust & vacuum mater bedroom
*do a couple of loads of laundry
*run to the grocery store for a few things

The way I'm feeling right now, I'll be lucky to get half of it done.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Good morning everyone:wave2: Wow Laurie, as usual you're up and at em early! I'm up fairly early but not so 'at em' as you just yet.

For me today it's busy again but not flat out running all day. I'll be:

~working out\
~shower/hair/makeup
~cleaning dd#1's room
~cleaning the laundry room
~doing a load of laundry
~dust mopping the floors
~banking
~supper (don't know yet what that's gonna be)

If I have time after getting all that done, I'm going to the next town over to take a some more fall/winter things to the consignment store and buy some fruit and veggies. (we can't buy good produce here at our local store)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Good morning!
Nothing too major on my to-do list today. The kitchen is already cleaned, the house picked up & vacuumed. The kids are off to school w/ lunches packed. Dh is about to be off to work w/ lunch packed.
I do need to put away laundry.
Also need to finish knitting the collar on dh's sweater. I got it all blocked & seamed together yesterday :cheer4: All that is left is the collar and the weaving in of ends. I had him try it on last night with the circular needles still in the collar lol. It fits!! I'll try to get him to model it tonight so I can take pictures :)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You guys are all so busy
All I'm doing today is
Take dgks to the school the 9 yo has to have me there(he has downs)
lay down (drs orders)
take neighbor to Dr
wait for her to call
pick up dgks from the bus at noon (half day)
lay down ........lay down.......lay down.... what an exciting day
Fern

·
Registered
182 Posts
getting up early and getting things accomplished before i have to head out in the mornings makes me feel really good because even if i dont have as much time as id like later on, i know that i atleast have clean clothes in the dryer and a pantry filled with the staples.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Made it in to work ahead of a huge accident that has delayed my co-workers getting in so I have a few things knocked off the work to-do list already.
I have to:
- pick up DD's homecoming dress from the sewing shop (borrowed it from a friend who was kind enough to lend it and let her take it to be altered
- take kids to mall so DS can get a tie and they can both get new sneakers
- swing by florist so DS can order his friend's corsage (not his sweetie, just a pal who is also dateless)
- finish up laundry that was started last night
- clean the bathrooms

Fingers are crossed all day that soon-to-be-ex sells the house. He is showing it at 2 pm today.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Today so far I have studied and gotten my homework done for class tonight,
loaded the dishwasher and got it started
doing wash now..have to put it away when it's all done
fed the dogs & cat
cleaned the kitty box
taken garbage out
got out hamburger for sloppy joes tonight

have to take shower and run to CVS for diapers that are on sale to put away with the rest of the baby items.

Class tonight

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Wow, busy day today! My daughter has a 7mm kidney stone that she can't pass, so while she is home resting until her surgery Friday morning, I am watching my 2 yr. old grandson, Clay, until she recovers. The oldest, Ethan, is in preschool, so the other grandma is keeping him and the 1 yr. old so that she can take Ethan back and forth to school. They live half a mile from my daughter and her hubby who live in the next county from us, so it's impossible for me to get my dd and Ethan both to school at the same time. I'm still in the last stages of unpacking here in the new house, so having an active 2 yr. old in the house is a challenge to say the least, but we are having a great time together.

I still have to:

wash a load of clothes
lay Clay down for his morning nap
vacumm & dust
prepare lunch
pick dd up from school
fold and put away clothes
make supper

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
More :coffee3:

I didn't sleep well last night, things just kept rolling around in my head...over and over again. Funny how morning rolls around and all those things seem so big at night and so little in the morning. Have a full day of work, need to get a load of laundry hung and put something in the crockpot for dinner?? The house is getting cluttered..but I think it's going to have to wait till tomorrow.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
It's gorgeous here in Ohio today..... supposed to be in the upper 70's, which is rare for October! A cold front is coming in tommorow, though.

I have things to do here at home today.... a mountain of laundry, some general cleaning, etc. I'm really thinking of packing the kids up and having lunch in the park, though, since this is likely to be the last beautiful day we have for a while! :sun:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ok, We just had a major thunderstorm here this morning. Wow! It poured and poured, thunder, lightening, etc.....My poor little dog jumped out of her crate at one point...LOL She was just shaking. It's finally clearing here, now that it's almost noon. Amy, I would definitely pack the kids up for lunch in the park, because if you all get what we have today....won't be fun to be out and about. Got my nap in though...LOL

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
~ doing laundry and hang drying
~ revise manuscript for publication (last revision!)
~ sew cording on Christmas ornaments
~ read some
~ watch a video
~ exercise another 30 minutes to something - probably a walk or Pilates

That's it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It's gorgeous here in Ohio today..... supposed to be in the upper 70's, which is rare for October!:sun:
Yes, Amy, it is beautiful here, too!! What part of Ohio are you in, anyway??

I am at work on this beautiful day. :(

After work, I am going to KMart to put my Christmas layaway in...then home to make dinner and then I am going to watch Biggest Loser at 9pm...then probably to bed!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wonderful Wednesday Here Too!!!

Got up with hubby at 6:15. Made us some oatmeal and packed his lunch. Put deer in the crock pot for dinner. I'm trying something new. I'm cooking it in pickle juice. We're going to have it on homemade rolls along with lettuce tossed in the homemade dressing from the other night. Smells good so far, we'll see. went to the post office and got a wonderful surprise. More samples, I got Vera WAng perfume and viactive vitamin chews. There are six in there so I can get by other week before I buy more. We also got a tax rebate check. I'm going to divide it three ways. Hubby gets a third (his car needs work), pay off cc fund gets a third. The last third is to be divivided three ways: savings, emergercy fund and vacation. I had my lunch for free today too! I went over and helped out at our church school and did cooking with the girls! Now I'm getting busy on house things because we have church tonight too! Enjoy the day! :dishes:

T

·
0 Posts
Well, I got up before noon today, after Owen decided to fuss for four hours last night (I'm hungry - no I'm not - I'm hungry - no I'm not - etc.). Have fed him a few times so far today without the fusiness and changed a few diapers. MIL stopped by with some laundry - she did all of our laundry while I was in the hospital, and a few of DH's shirts didn't quite make it over here. Today's big adventure will be taking Owen to my workplace to show off and for me to pack up my desk, followed by an exciting trip to the pediatrician to make sure he's gaining weight (should have no problem with that!).

DH has class tonight, so this will be our first dinner without him in a week and a half. I'm torn between just wimping out and having cereal or a can of soup, or actually cooking something so he can have leftovers when he gets in at 11pm.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Boy you really have a well planned out schedule.... I am taking it easy today as I am not feeling well but will do some things around the house and take a walk, the fresh air will do me good.

Later on I am heating up leftovers for dinner ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts