2 cups flour (your choice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup warm water
cornstarch​
Serves:
8 servings of 4​
Directions:
Sift together flour and salt in a bowl.

Slowly stir in warm water - dough will be very stiff. Knead dough on floured surface till smooth, about 15 minutes. Cover with towel and let stand for 20 minutes.

This part takes some elbow grease, be warned. Roll about a half of the dough out, as thin as you can. I'm not that strong so mine stay a little on the thick side. It should make thirty-two 3-inch squares but I'm lucky to get sixteen. Repeat for other half of dough.

To store (if there are any leftovers, anyway) just sprinkle with cornstarch and keep in an airtight bag in the fridge or freezer.

To make "eggless" or spring rolls just cut bigger squares, 6-8 inches or so.​

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thanks!! I love making things with these especially filled wontons to eat with chinese. I might half the recipe.. so I don't eat too many LOL
This will be much cheaper than the paks at the grocery, chaching$$$$

·
Registered
904 Posts
Have you tried using a pasta machine? I wonder if that would help roll them thinner with less effort.

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for this basic great recipe!! This will make it much more affordable to make wontons on a more regular basis!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know this is an older post, but thanks! Not only is this recipe dirt cheap, it's a royal pain trying to find store-bought vegan wonton wrappers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts