Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
probably just a fluke since countrywide was bought out by BOA in past year or so, BOA probably took too much escrow the past year- i am sure made lovely interest off all all the peoples money who they did this too- but now have had to lower my payment for the next year .

will be interested to see what happens next november !

will probably end up putting part of the extra to my heat and electric bill since in the past 12 months we have had one of the coldest and snowiest winter and one of the hottest summers - i am nervous what it will turn out like when they re-do my equal payment plan for the utilities.
but at least i can cover the changes now .

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but our taxes most likely didnt go down . they did a huge reassessment on everyone year or so ago and they just went up .

G

·
Happened to us last year. We knew that they were taking out too much for taxes - there was an issue regarding a sewer betterment assesed against the house that was paid off when we bought it, but not recorded properly - We ended up getting a check for almost $1000 for the "extra" and a new mortgage payment that was almost $100 less. We just chose to keep the same payment and apply the "extra" towards the mortgage.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I know if you have own your home for so long,they drop the PMI .So maybe thats what it is.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i havent had a PMI in years .
our house was reassessed for the first time in 20 years about 18+ months ago the changes taking affect the next year -
our taxes went up about 1200 $ a year from 3800 to a little over 5000.

our property taxes arent too bad conpaired to some other areas but NJ taxes you to death every where else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.