Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got more glycerine, I plan on making some more loofah soaps. I got colors, and one scent (Cucumber Melon) and a set of three colors (yellow, blue, red) I can't wait!! :yippee:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Ooooh can't wait to see how it turns out Melissa. Soapmaking is on my agenda too. I just have to wait until I can open some windows because I'm using lye.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to try lye while I am pregnant or breastfeeding, because I don't know the effects of the fumes. I have alot to learn about it. But I do want to learn how to do that kind of soap too! and swirly/marbled looking soap, and so on! :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Too cool! I've been wanting to do soapmaking for way too long myself. I did glycerin soaps thanks to Dee, but am dying to learn more.

Your loofah soaps came out awesome! Have fun. I'm excited for ya.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I am having fun with it, I made another two soaps, just the cucumber melon, and once it cools enough I will take pics of them. lol, the look like citrus slices. the ones the other day look like oranges, these ones look like limes. I suppose using those scents would make neat soaps that look like their scent.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey guys - if you get a respirator mask --for like 25 bucks ---at the auto store (good for paint fumes too) --you will be protected from the fumes --fyi --should wear one anyhow IMHO even if are going with the open windows.

Sher

1 - 7 of 7 Posts