Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Chasseur enamel cast iron sauce pan with a wood handle. The handle moves a bit, it is not securely tight. Are these wood handles supposed to be a bit loose? I sent a message about this to Chasseur last month but they have yet to reply.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I would say no. The last thing you'd want to have happen is for the handle to turn, dumping the hot contents of your pan all over you, your child, your pet, or anyone or anything else that's under it as you move it from the stove to wherever else you need it to be. A loose handle seems dangerous.

I've had pans with wood handles over the years and all of them have been very tight.

Can you tighten the handle yourself? That would be the easiest fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say no. The last thing you'd want to have happen is for the handle to turn, dumping the hot contents of your pan all over you, your child, your pet, or anyone or anything else that's under it as you move it from the stove to wherever else you need it to be. A loose handle seems dangerous.

I've had pans with wood handles over the years and all of them have been very tight.

Can you tighten the handle yourself? That would be the easiest fix.
I took a screwdriver and placed it inside the metal loop at the end of the wood and tightened it down. So far so good. Thanks for the tip! :vs_smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts