Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
palates

we see their always free. and hubby said the wood being so rough and crooked, I wonder what i could use them to make make some crafts to see? any frugal ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
We use them in our wood burning stove. They are so rough that I think they would require a lot of sanding to be useful for crafts.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
They make great primitive type crafts!

You can use them for fencing posts around a garden (more decorative than to keep big animals out) and back with chicken wire.

You can use them for yard trinkets. Put a few of them together, to make a little fence piece, then add some cute seasonal items and put them up in your yard.

That is about all I can think of at the moment!

·
Banned
952 Posts
bird houses ( can make them look like outhouses and stuff. cute!)
bat houses
doll furniture
storage crates that have wheels and a cushioned top. like a hassock type thing
plant stands
wooden stenciled signs ( vegie, soap,etc)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Omygosh! I thought that said plates.:rollsmile

I made a primitiveflag of cedar fence planks, you could do something similar with the pallets. You can see my flag here (HUGE image alert!!). It truly looks better in person!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mom to boys--imwas kinda thinking the same thing for the xmas thing. putting some together with some fake greenery maybe some lights and berries etc. thanks
the frug- i like the bat houses since we have lots around and would like to keep it that way eating all those mosquoitoes in that large field. Plus the signs hmmm , giving me soem ideas thanks
Army of 5 for God --I tink ur flag looks great. morefeesable for USA style, never seen it look good in Canada rough style beacuse of the lines where they meet.horoizontal , But urs looks really good. I like it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you cut them shorter & make your boards up & down, I think it would work great! :hubba:

Oh, and thank you!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
:lol3: You mean pallets! I couldn't figure out why someone would want a wooden palate. The palate is the top part of your mouth. I figured it must be a typo and should read plates! :lol:

I've seen pallets used for all kinds of things. You can burn them. I've seen people use them to make fences...obviously the country kind, and not very serious ones. I wonder if you ran them through a planer what you might get. Might smooth the finish a bit before sanding. You might be able to access a planer through a local high school shop. Just make sure all nails are out of the pieces of lumber first.

Birdhouses, bat houses, cold frames...that kind of stuff comes to mind. A compost bin...just nail three pallets together and leave the fourth side open for easier turning of stuff.

Hope that helps...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts