Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it isn't a fancy one but today I bit the bullet and got myself a Salton dehydrator from Wal-Mart. It was $40. :eek: (I have a lot of trouble spending money like that right now!) I've wanted one for quite a while but decided to wait until after I moved.

I got apples and strawberries on sale today and they are merrily dehydrating away on the counter!

Wish me luck! I plan to get as many "last-day-of-sale" fruits and veggies as possible and dehydrate them for later use. I will NOT be paying high produce prices come next winter!

·
19,119 Posts
Congrats Daisygirl!! Not only did you get your dehydrator, but you also put it to immediate use!! WTG!! Need to get my (borrowed) one out and hit those sales too!! Remember we love pictures!!

Reactions: Daisygirl

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Way to go Daisy! You be cookin' !!!!!

I have one buried. I'd like to dig it out and try it again. I like the jerky and I refuse to pay the price in the stores. I'd love to find a beef jerky recipe that dosen't require a ton of salt.

Reactions: Daisygirl

·
Registered
816 Posts
WooHoo! I recently got the same one :) I am using mine on the sale apples I got at the store yesterday, and then the broccoli and carrots. Same here, I refuse to pay the high prices come next winter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.