Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you launder clothes you've only worn for a few hours or do you hang them to be worn again? If you rewear clothes again before laundering, where do you put them? Back in the closet or somewhere else? I will wear clothes again but don't like putting them back in my closet with 'clean' clothes.

When my children were growing up and using a clean towel for showering/bathing I would hang them to dry and place back on their shelf. They thought they were clean each time. Sometimes they used the same towel 3-4 times. (each child had a color). There was no way I could keep up with all the laundry they produced in a days time if a new towel was used each time.

I will use the same towel for 3-4 showers to this day. Does anyone else do this? All face towels and kitchen towels are used for one day only tho.

·
27,948 Posts
We aren't dirty/messy people but we are not neat/clean freaks either. ;)

Everyone here has their own towel and their own bar it's stored on where it can air out and dry freely, I hate towels on hooks, they can never dry properly and get mildewy.;)
We get at least 3 uses out of a towel before it's washed.

Yes, we often get more than one wear out of some clothes, pants especially. Shirts worn close to the body,socks & underwear get washed after one wearing. Over shirts/jackets might get another day or 2. Hubby hangs his stuff he'll wear again on the back of a chair in the bedroom, mine goes on a small corner dresser. Only clean clothes are stored in the closet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
For outer clothes, it depends on what we've been doing in them. Underwear and socks get washed after one use. Towels, once a week

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I hang my clothes back up in the closet if they are still clean enough to wear again. I figure if they are not clean enough to hang next to the other clean clothes, then they should be in the hamper. We typically get one wear out of shirts, several out of pants. I wear dresses and skirts a lot, which are typically loose and can be worn multiple times. Pyjamas, I put under my pillow and wear twice.

We hang our towels to dry and will use the same one for up to a week - depending on the weather. When the weather is humid it needs to be changed more often because it doesn't dry properly no matter where you hang it.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Unerwear and socks always washed after one wearing. Bras maybe can go two days in the winter.

Outer clothes in winter---can go two days unless excessively dirty or sweaty (ugh). Summer--No. Especially today. It's 93 already at 2 pm. :hot: I do not have a/c here. I am sweaty. Nope. Washin' these babies.

I am also taking two cold showers per day in this heat. It keeps me from killing people.

Towels--we hang up and use at least twice. My DH has a habit of taking mine down and throwing it on the floor to step out on. :censor: But I try.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Everything gets washed after each wear.
Towels get one use only.
Sheets are washed once a week.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I hang my clothes back up in the closet if they are still clean enough to wear again. I figure if they are not clean enough to hang next to the other clean clothes, then they should be in the hamper. We typically get one wear out of shirts, several out of pants. I wear dresses and skirts a lot, which are typically loose and can be worn multiple times. Pyjamas, I put under my pillow and wear twice.

We hang our towels to dry and will use the same one for up to a week - depending on the weather. When the weather is humid it needs to be changed more often because it doesn't dry properly no matter where you hang it.
This is mine totally. The same. I still have a ton of laundry

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Do you launder clothes you've only worn for a few hours or do you hang them to be worn again? If you rewear clothes again before laundering, where do you put them?

I will use the same towel for 3-4 showers to this day. Does anyone else do this? All face towels and kitchen towels are used for one day only tho.

I keep the 'warn clothes' separate. Hung over a quilt rack that I have in my bedroom. This is mainly to remind me that I have worn them and need to 'finish' wearing them. I do it this way mainly in case: 1. I have been somewhere that left an odor on the clothes 2. I have been out in the wind or around animals.......I have allergies and don't need the 'stuff' on the clean clothes.

My hand towels are changed daily in both the kitchen and the main bathroom. My bath towel is changed when I do a load of whites. I then grab all the towels out of the bathroom/kitchen.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It really depends on what was worn and what I did in them. Some days at work I'm under a desk, hooking up a computer, and there's really gross dirt/grime under there. Since I can't just jump up from there and go wash my hands, they get wiped on my jeans real quick until I can find a sink. Those days, no way, that pair is done, some days I setup computers all day for three days straight, its just gross.

If I had an "at desk" day, then outer wear (usually only jeans survive the day as I manage to spill something on my shirt, hahaha) is laid on the edge of the hamper so I know I wore it once. In the winter, with bulkier sweaters I will hang them back up way in the back of the row so I know they were already worn that week...if I didn't spill coffee on them as well. Bras are worn more than once, just not in a row, I leave them on the hamper edge as well to air out.

Same towel all week. Same socks if I had a pajama day and just wore them around the house.

In a pinch, febreeze works, particularly for freshening the towel.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Bath Towels-one time use only
Kitchen Towels-twice per day
Sponges-twice per day
Bathroom hand towels-once per day
Sheets-every 3 days

I work at a desk, so my jeans don't get dirty fast.
Jeans-3 days (unless dirty or sweaty)
Shirts-2 times
Underclothes-once

I have a large walk-in closet and hang up my "worn" clothes in a separate area.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I try to get 2 or 3 days (non-consecutively) out of pants unless it's hot out and I've been sweating a lot.

A shirt only gets re-worn if I only wore it for a few hours and it had a shirt underneath it.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
clean them. i have a hamper.

towel - week use but since i've turned into a burn victim. i dont shower as often. still not fully healed is the problem. skin is trying to heal but shower = soap.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
clean them. i have a hamper.

towel - week use but since i've turned into a burn victim. i dont shower as often. still not fully healed is the problem. skin is trying to heal but shower = soap.
I'm so sorry. Was gone for a little while. I didn't know. Take care of yourself. Hugs coming your way.

Reactions: thesightofoneself
1 - 16 of 16 Posts