Frugal Village Forums banner

Worst Date Ever

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Greebo 
#1 ·
These should be good and fun too.

(I'll be posting mine later when I have more time.)

Reactions: Josephhgoins
#2 ·
A movie date with a guy who turned into a groper as soon as the lights went down. Ugh!!

#3 ·
I went out with this guy one time, I guess I was in my very early 20's. After the date he dropped me off and I went in my house, the next morning I woke up and his car was still there parked in front of my house. I went out to see if he was in the car and he wasn't. I called my gf to tell her and to try and figure out where he could be, about 30-45 minutes later I noticed him sitting in the car so I walked out and asked him where he had been. He pointed to the house across the street. The family that lived there was a single father with three sons, two of them were around my age. I said I didn't know you knew them, he said he didn't! What!!! He said he woke up on the couch and looked out the window and saw my house across the street!!!! He just walked in and crashed on their couch! Anyone elses house and it would have been big trouble. I guess everyone thought he was a friend of one of the brothers. Geez. That was the end of him.

The first date I had with my ex-dh went kind of bad. We ran out of gas, I dropped food on my shirt, I had a female accident and locked my keys in the car. We took my car since he drove a motercycle.

With the female issue (we were in a bar when I noticed) I thought I could run home and change real quick and he would not notice. Well when I got to my car the keys were locked inside. A gf lived right near there so I zipped over and took care of things and when I got back to the bar, boy was he mad. He said he was going to finish his drink and leave and never talk to me again. He thought I just got up and left him there. Heck, it was embarassing for the first date to go like that. Well, he did talk to me again and a few years later we got married.

#5 ·
worst date ever? Wow, there are so many, just how to choose?

Well this may be TMI and if you are easily offended then move on but....

There was this guy I had been talking to and he seemed really nice. Had a good attitude, nice car and good job. He was cute to boot. I thought I had hit the motherload.

Our first date we meet up at a movie theater. He was one of those talkers and kept telling the actors what to do. I actually found myself shushing him. After a bit he takes is coat from the chair and puts it in his lap because he was a little cold. Then he takes my hand and holds it for a bit which was nice. And then he showed me the real reason he put his coat in his lap.

I was actually offended, I mean we were in a theater with kids and everything.

I jerked my hand away and said excuse me I have to go to the restroom and I never returned.

Can I share my best date ever? I would love to say its was with my BF and we have had some good ones. But the best was with a guy I dated for 6 months. He was a poor student working his way through college and I had plenty of free money so most dates I paid for everything. He decided he had enough of that so he planned a great date for us. He packed sandwiches and we went to a local park and walked around. Very simple date, but I still look at it fondly.

#6 ·
The very worse date I ever had was when I was asked out by a prominent business man. When he arrived at my home everything seemed fine, but very quickly his true personality reared it's ugly head. I found myself increasingly put off by his pretentiousness, and we had a bit of a tiff before we had even arrived at our destination.

When he parked his car in a really seedy neighborhood in the city I was thinking, are you kidding? He notices my reluctance and proceeds to tell me that while it may seem a bit of a dive, this was a great place, great food, etc. I figure that maybe he was right and I was just being overly cautious. It was a major dive, drugs being dealt on the bar! I was far away from home in a part of the city where it was a positive that a women walking alone would never be seen or heard from again. I was stuck there till he decided he was good and ready to leave. He made the rounds leaving me alone to be gawked at, hit on and groped. After he had finally decided it was time to go, he drove to Penns landing where we watched the fireworks, it was the fourth of July.

All the way home he was a pompous donkey, but I held my tongue counting the minutes till I was back at home. Feeling comfortable with me now, he really let it shine! He tells me how he will only marry an upright Jewish woman who comes from a wealthy prominent family. But he plans on having a mistress, that it was not frowned upon, but encouraged by those kinds of women. After all, they were very proper and didn't want to muss their hair. (his words) They were just fine having their man have the type of relations they saw as vulgar with a mistress who knew her place. (again, his words)

When we arrived at my home I planned on just saying goodnight and going inside. But he followed me to my doorstep and inquired about spending the night. After all he told me, he had a very long drive back to Cherry Hill, NJ. When I refused his request he was downright livid. He just could not fathom that I was not full of lust for him. That I did not want to fulfill his every fantasy he had of a woman from the wrong side of the tracks. (in his opinion) Turns out, he was slumming. Looking for the perfect mistress as he was soon to marry his princess (his words) He thought for sure I'd jump at the chance to be his mistress. He said I fit his ideal in looks and wanted to try out the physical.

How Charming!!! Imagine that I refused such a tempting offer!

#9 ·
I have two of them. They are a tie: 1) when a guy took me on our first date and told me all about his vasectomy over dinner! 2) when I had been dating a guy for a few months and I was moving out of state the next day and I went to visit him one last time and halfway through the date his phone rings and he tells me it is the other girl he is dating and could I leave early so he can call her back?!!

#10 ·
when i was 16 my friend who was 16 had a date with a cute guy but needed a friend for his friend. i was very young looking- very shy and a tad bit naive at the time -not really into the dating scene .

I thought ohh a cute guy my age why not -we were going dancing at a nearby under 18 club in a nice hotel so i agreed since i loved to dance and figured that seemed a safe bet.

well her parents drop us off ( i was sleeping over her house because my mom wouldnt have let me go LOL )
we meet them at the club outside door- her guy was cute - mine- this idiot looks like disco dan - he was way too hairy for someone under 18- had a huge fro ( not in style any longer ) and wore a vest with NO SHIRT and a bunch of chains- i guess impressed by the very over hairiness that made me - at 16- want to run LOL ( think a creepy version of the neighbor that is on
That 70s show TV series .)

They wouldnt let us in the club because he had no shirt -so we walked around the building to the movie theatre .

we end up seeing that movie about the crazy doll that kills people- i hate horror movies UGH .

I paid my own way he didnt have money but for himself.
about 15 min into the movie i realize my friend and her guy are in the way far end of our row making out like crazy - this guy keeps nudging my leg with his and then tries to rub my leg -
i was in shock - ( my naivety coming out that a guy i didnt know would do that )
i excused myself and went to the bathroom - i stayed in there for as long as i could ( i think almost 45 min )and then came back and stuck my purse between my seat and him.

i almost called my mom to come get me but didnt want to end up grounded for life or leave my friend with both of them .

after the movie ( we still had an hour before we were being picked up ) we went to the hotels game room and played air hockey -he was annoyed at the whole situation i am sure i have no idea who he expected to be dating but we got in a mean air hockey match - he wasnt taking anything easy because i was a girl =but he didnt know what an air hockey fiend i was LOL
my fav part of the night was when he tried to stop the puck and it flipped up and smacked him in the head. i won all 3 matches too :)

we finally got picked up by her parents ( who i later found out had no idea about the date just thought we were dancing and i later found out her guy was really 22 and goodness knows how old the guy i got stuck with was )

never went on a blind date again

i tell my girls this story because i tell them the moral is if you lie to your mom- you will get stuck on a date with a super creepy touchy feely monster !!!

#11 ·
I met a dentist while I was pumping gas at a service station one day. He asked me to coffee. I figured harmless enough.

We each drive to a coffee shop and he proceeds to tell me about his divorce, how she got the kids, the car, the house, even the two Christmas trees. Blah, blah, blah. By this time I've had enough so I tell him I need to go.

He walks me to my car and as I start to open my door he steps in and tries to kiss me. I tell him no I feel no spark. He then asks me if I would 'cradle his boys' while he went ahead and took care of himself. Sheesh... right there in the parking lot!

Needless to say I was outta there in two seconds flat!

#12 ·
onencgirl :yikes:

Momto5RN- hockey puck to the head! LOL!

shoiji- Oh YUCK!

jas- Creepy!

#13 ·
WOW is all I can say to some of these. I never really had a super bad date but this one always sticks in my mind as a funny memory and it does have the ewwww factor and makes us both laugh to this day as we are still friends.

I had had a long term boyfriend for about two years. We were both broke students. He took me to a park at night. He spread a blanket on the grass. He packed a picnic along with wine. So romantic! We are had gazed at the lovely stars and ended up being silly which lead to lots of kissing.

I was enjoying the kissing and all of a sudden a horrible stench starts invading my nostrils. My romantic thoughts were rapidly fleeing as trying not to retch was taking all my attention. Mr Amorous didnt seem to notice the smell and I honestly had to jump up as I was getting sick. He finally caught a wiff. He decide to move the blanket to another area. The bottom of the blanket was covered in smooshed dog poop from the grass. Once I was done gagging I couldnt quit laughing at how upset the poor guy was the moment had been ruined. I mean there are always other moments.

Ever the gallant knight he tossed the blanket far away and ran to the car and got me his jacket to sit in on the grass so we could enjoy the wine , cheese and crackers. Ah the wine, ah the the kisses.............LOL here comes a train and we were just feet from the tracks as he is whispering in my ear. LOL We felt every vibration and felt blown away!!!

The train was gone. We had another glass of wine and a little more kissing. Spot light!!!!! Oh so darn bright! What the heck????? Oh just and officer of the law patrolling and having to make sure we were not under age and breaking curfew!

I have the giggles yet again after so many things going wrong. My date was most distressed mumbling about "dog sh!t, cops , laughing and trains!" as he was packing up the stuff. He dropped the bag and said "oh what the ---- . What else can go wrong?" and hold out a ring and said "please marry me!"

He will tell it as one epic bad night and I think it is hysterical. I'm happy to say his romantic proposal to the woman he really eventually "did" marry went well:)

#16 ·
Wow! Mine doesn't seem that bad now after all. I was in college and this handsome ex marine asked me out to a big deal football game in the next town over. Sure I said I would go. The day arrives and there he is, with his mom, to pick me up. Mom sat right by us. It was a nice time...just odd.

#17 ·
Every date I had with the jerk I dated all of 1972. You know who you are. :fuming:

What was I thinking? :scratch:

#18 ·
Great story, nodmicks!

#20 ·
Actually, my worst date was with DH...if I hadn't already been in love with him....

The ONLY date we ever went on he took me to the .99 movie and we saw "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". I kept thinking this guy is trying to impress me with a .99 movie that is THIS bad? Surely, it's got to get better...but it didn't.

The .99 movie wasn't so bad by itself, it was the combo of the two together, I felt like I was being insulted!

Not very bad actually, but rather odd.

Judi

#21 ·
The ONLY date we ever went on he took me to the .99 movie and we saw "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". I kept thinking this guy is trying to impress me with a .99 movie that is THIS bad? Surely, it's got to get better...but it didn't.

You really should respect the danger of the killer tomato.

"I know I'm going to miss her...
...a tomato ate my sister!"

#23 ·
I went on a blind date (from a dating service) with a young very shy man who wasn't able to make eye contact. He spent dinner looking at the wall paper behind me and I know I must have turned around at least a half dozen times to see what was so interesting.

Another date was at a movie with man who constantly hinted at what we would do in front of the fireplace. After the movie he stopped by Wendy's for a bite to eat.... umm. NO Thanks.

#24 ·
If he'd said "Open hearth" he'd have had you! ;)

I honestly cannot remember a genuinely BAD date. Possibly because I was someone else's?...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.