Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Yep, I would. I've written things that people have read for years so I doubt it would bother me. My journals are here at my desk and I doubt anyone, except the people I show them to, has ever looked.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
It would depend on who wants to read them. There is some pretty private stuff in there. If it were dh, no problem.

·
27,948 Posts
No, those words might come back & bite me in the butt.;)

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
No, becauseI say things in there that I don't want to say to anyone in person.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
No-- my journal is where I vent frustrations and usually once it's out of my system in writing I'm over it.... but if someone read it and brought it back up it might turn into a big deal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well i have an online journal and people read it i am okay with that because they dont know me...some of the entries i do put private because there is just somethings i dont want the whole world knowing..

as far as my paper journals i have since the age of 5 onwards..i wouldnt mind people reading..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
my online journals go ahead and read them but my written ones. no way. those are where I vent my frustrations and all the rest.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't think I would feel that comfortable with someone reading it. Unless I gave them permission.

·
Registered
558 Posts
yes; I've wanted to start one that I can pass on when I'm old and grey. I want to put in info about everyday life; weather, prices, news, pop culture, everyday living. Things like that. I'm really not comfortable with writing down anything I don't want someone to not ever see; you just never know. I keep those thoughts tucked away :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yes, I'd feel comfortable if someone read my journal. They might feel sorry for me and give me some money when they see how hard I've been struggling! :smball:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
PrairieRose said:
Nope....my journal, my private thoughts. I might add that I don't even write down the most private of private for that very reason.
:yeah:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
lol, oh heck no!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
The only journal I consistently keep is my "edification" journal. I write down lists of things that are important to me, things that worry me, things that make me happy, etc. I write down the title and author of every book I read and I write down any quote or phrase that catches my eye. I would be fine with anyone reading it. In fact that's one reason I started it, so that one day if any of my children or grandchildren is wondering what I'm really like this journal will help them to know. I've noticed that this type of journal improves my attitude because I'm not just complaining about my day - not that there's anything wrong with that sometimes! ;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just went thru someone stealing my journal! The person has been trying to break up my family! And she is my blood family! Well she got the wrong book!! lol I write in two journals everyday. One is my thoughts and the other is just bits and pieces of my day. Like sayings or jokes stuff that touches me one way or another.Thats the one she got.

I caught her trying to put it back. Its been a week and haven't heard an word from her! lol If i never do it will be too soon!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts