Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think your child's diary is their personal property and should be totally private or would you read it in secret to find out what your child is thinking/doing?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My dd is 15 and she writes in her journal/diary almost every day. She has left it sitting around for anyone to get into but I haven't read it!! I think it is her personal property and I wouldn't get into it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If I come across it I would read. Nosey me!

But I wouldn't go look for it unless I thought there was some sort of major problem(drugs ect.) then I would hunt it down!

·
Registered
593 Posts
my oldest daughter is 14 and i wouldnt read it unless she gave me a reason to..same with her room i wont go through it unless she gave me a reason to

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I would read it if I suspected drug use or other serious problems or misbehaviour. I don't think teens should have an expectation of privacy, if they choose to engage in illegal activity. I am the mom of four, ages 14-24. None of my kids have ever given me reason to suspect them. (Thank goodness)

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Only if I had a reason. last year she seemed down in the dumps a bit,so I read it. Her and her bestfriend wasn't speaking and she was upset about that....a few days later she was on the phone with her and I knew they made up :)
The rest was silly 12 year old stuff LOL
I haven't read it since and won't till I think there's a reason.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I don't think I would but I guess unless she left it laying around and I had the temptation in front of me, I might never know ;) .

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have read it when I was worried about dd, but for now I have no worries so I have no reason to. BUT if I felt that it would clarify something that made me worry... Yes...In a heartbeat!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
If I had reason to, you betcha.

·
27,948 Posts
mrsengeseth said:
If I had reason to, you betcha.
I'm with you Melissa!

·
Registered
325 Posts
If I thought something was up, why, yes I would. Other than that, I think just trying to read it would give me a headache. LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts