Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. So today we took in my change to the coinstar machine. Yeah it takes away a good chunk (about .09 on the dollar) but we don't have the patience to roll the stuff and then actually have time to make it to the bank before it closes....

ANYways...

It was a normal sized (looks rather small to me) ocean spray juice bottle. It was packed full of change. BUT not one single quarter was in it, so just dimes, nickels and LOTS of pennys.

Both Carl and I thought it'd have around 10 or maybe 15$ at the MOST

So there we are pouring in the change (hard to do with that narrow neck I might add!) :eek:

It passes 10$
It passes 20$

It passes 30, and 40$

By the time it passes 50$ our eyes are POPPIN out of our sockets! And we notice it has a LOT more change to go.

Do you KNOW how much was in that little jar I thought was almost worthless????

ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!! And that was AFTER coin star took their portion too! WOW!!!

I couldn't believe it though, carl DIDN'T want to wait in line to cash it in!!! THANK GOODNESS he looked to check and sure enough we needed to do it THAT day! ROFL how could he NOT want to wait for that much money?

What a great day this has been, and not just because of that! :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Wow! That is great Heather! I am so glad for you and Carl! What a wonderful surprise, almost like found money :D.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
That is awesome....:D

I take my coins to that machine also and I'm always surprised at how miuch I have!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Wow that is great Heather..

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We're lucky that our credit union has a coinstar for us to use that doesn't charge a fee. :D
Gabe just took our change jar in and we also had 100$ with a small coffee can that wasn't completely full.

I was surprised too.

Gotta love that change and how it adds up.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hurray: for Heather! :hurray: for Sara!

That is so motivating! Pennies do add up, after all!:)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I am always amazed at what is in the change jar and it always comes in handy for those emergency. You and Carl did well, keep up putting that change in the jar. :smball:

pat

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
A penny saves is a penny earned ~ Ben said...... Good for you both !!!!:D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
WTG! :smball:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
OOh, It's going to be so hard to control myself and not count up my change until August! I wanna know how much I have! Congrats, ladies!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Congrats on your change jar savings ladies!!! We have a huge piggy bank in our living room. "Preston" looks like and is about the same size as a live pot bellied pig and we "feed" him change. I'm always amazed when we empty him out how much money there is in there! BTW, my neice Ella thinks he is way cool and likes to "ride" on him.:toothy:

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
WooHoo! Very impressive!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
WTG ladies!!! That makes me want to go and cash mine in as well. We use the plastic bear that cookies come in from WM. It only likes a little more to be completely full. I wonder how much is in there. We cash it in and use it toward our vacation fund. I will cash it in in July, if not before.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Aren't those change jars deceiving? I have one just for pennies- it's about the same size as a small coffee can. It hold about $100.00 in pennies!!! Maybe I should start putting just quarters in it, LOL!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts