Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your 20mth old daughther-who will eat ANYTHING-- doesn't even like your cookies :eek:

I never thought failing at something this small would make me feel so bad :( Before, I could have just thrown them away before dh came home, but now I feel like I let my dd down in some way ...on the bright side, I've now washed all the gooey chocolate chips off her, and she's enthralled with the empty laundry basket :D

They were pretty bad though :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Aww ((hugs))
Don't worry... she still loves you just as much as she did before the cookies. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
LOL Sherry that was funny. Heather, you'll come to find that your kids will eventually HATE evrything you cook even if they liked it last week!
:hugz: it'll get better

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROFL mellissa!! :D

Well I ended up cooking them EXTRA long ..they said 9-11 min. but I think they ended up cooking them 22! THey look dark now but at least now they are edible, before they were VERY soft and un cooked in the middle and you could barely chew it because it was so thick and gooey kwim? :eek: oh and it tasted too flour-y but now that they are crunchy i can't tell that they are too flour-y...maybe i'll tell dh i made up a new batch and see if he will eat these now :D

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
LOL..We've all had days like that and Ellise is right....They do hate what you fixed...even when they liked it before.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and thanks for all the hugs everyone! :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
ROFL - that is so funny. I remember many of my disasters - just the bread alone would have broke a foot had it dropped on someones.

btw - did your dh eat the "new" cookies. Too cute!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Ellise said:
Heather, you'll come to find that your kids will eventually HATE evrything you cook even if they liked it last week!
:hugz: it'll get better
and as far as kids being food critics, they'll eat dog food when your not looking......... How much could they know about whats good ???????????

Your cookies will get better !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, he tried it, but said they are too thick! Lol that's probably what I did wrong! I didn't flatten them out :eek: Ugh!

Well, ayla's awake now so I'll see if she likes the cookies better now that they are cooked :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts