Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am notoriously late on wrapping gifts and have been known to wrap all at once on Christmas Eve morning. Bah!!

Do you wrap as you go? Or are you like the Infamous Sumac who has no tape or can't get it together and just get going!? LOL

I am committed to doing it differently this year so here I go! I have wrap and need to pick up some tape. Many gifts are already socked away so.... I guess it's time to start wrapping!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I do it all at once mostly because it is messy. I try to have it all done before the kids are done with school for winter break. If wrapping as you go works for you though I'd go for it.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I usually do it all at once but I am thinking next year I will wrap it as I go. I hated not having a use able trunk all year because I had them hiding out in there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Up until last year I did it all in one shot. Last year I ordered most everything offline and when they came in I wrapped. It was much easier that way. (at least for me)

I get a huge roll of wrapping paper, scotch tape and labels and keep them in my closet. I don't have to drag alot out that way.

This simplifies wrapping to me.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i usually buy gifts so close to christmas that I end up wrapping them all at once. I hope to wrap as I go this year but have yet to buy any gifts.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I am very, very particular about wrapping gifts and I spend a lot of time on each one. Plus, I typically have around 50 gifts to wrap. If I were to sit and do them all at once it would take me several hours. I normally do two or three at a time over a three or four week period.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Wrap as you go...all the gift are done here(I buy stuff on sale throught the year)and under the tree. In november I started wrapping and did 4 a week.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I love wrapping presents so I do them as they come because I get so excited. I also like having presents under the tree so I don't like to wait! :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I wrap as I go. That way they can go under the tree and are out of my way!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
For years I have taken all mine to my mom's house, we crank up the Christmas music and wrap all of ours together. I bring down boxes, bubble wrap, wrapping paper, ribbons, tape, the name cards, we have a really good time of it. Mom makes hot chocolate and usually has snacks as well. We have a big "wrapping party" just the two of us.

I smuggle them back to the house, hiding them until Christmas morning. Christmas morning they are all under the tree.

I will miss that when I move away but I'm sure I'll at least call her and say "hey, doing your wrapping this weekend?" We are both Verizon so we could talk the entire time if we wanted to, while wrapping. She'd probably get a kick out of that.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I have procrastinated in the past because I wasn't sure I was done shopping or that I might change my mind and want to return or exchange??? And another reason I like to wait to wrap until I am done shopping is because I am so sure I would forget what was in each of them and then worry I hadn't enough and buy more out of guilt?!? I am keeping a good list this year, though, and I feel like I can wrap and keep it somewhat guilt-free because I am sticking to my budget!! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I usually wrapped it all at once when I was still wrapping presents. Like others, it was easier to just to make a place to do it, get it all out once, plow through the lot, and then put all the wrapping stuff away. Doing it in dribbles would have felt like too much duplication of effort at a time of year when I was always very busy. I guess that's not very Christmas-y and sentimental is it?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I wrap all at once here.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I usually wrap some one day and then wrap the last ones another day...I have wrapped a few on Christmas Eve though well past midnight!

·
Registered
679 Posts
i always do it all at once..... i so procrastinate LOL

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I wrap all at once. I don't enjoy it whatsoever so I'm gonna need some beer with it. :present:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts