Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS#1 lives on his own and my tennant will be moving out at the end of January (my choice) so it will just be me and the little one.
Batch cooking and freezing really isn't going to work that great when we're only 1.5 people...I only want so many mini frozen broccoli & rice casseroles in my freezer LOL!!!

Soooo I'm hoping someone here has come across a tasty website that is specifically for smaller "batch" cooking or small serving recipes.

·
27,948 Posts
I like this site, it has everything from appetizers to desserts. All very easy to make with mostly everyday ingredients.
Cooking For Two Magazine | Taste of Home Recipes

Here I just take recipes that serve 8 and cut them in half and freeze the leftovers for another night. Or with things like lasagna I'll make the whole thing and freeze the rest in dinner sized portions. Nice to have extras frozen on things like lasagna so when I have more at the table than usual I can pull out another package, add a salad & bread & I'm good.:)

·
Registered
844 Posts
I don´t know how big your freezer is, but batch cooking would be ideal! Maybe you won´t cook for 8 anymore, but if you cook for 4, you can freeze 2 portions each time. Does the 0.5 mind eating differently from you? If so s/he can eat the same dish twice in a row, although you would eat something different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.