Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a sign yesterday when my husband and I were out that said Yard Cell. :dunce: It got my attention even if we didn't go to it. Hubby was driving. He speeds up at Yard Sale, Sail, Sell, Cell's.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Ooh, that would have made me batty. I'm a bit of a spelling maniac. :toothy:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
My DD and I were at a 'yard cell' Thursday that had an ornate, cut glass holder for five taper candles on a table.

The sign said "candle opera"----------candlabra! :)

Liberace would roll over in his grave.
Yes, we took a picture of it with DDs cell phone.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I would still be scratching my head wondering what the sign meant. I don't read phonetically, so if you don't use the right word or spell it correctly I can't understand what you mean.

I had to click on the thread to find out what a yard cell was.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Hahaha - thats too funny. Sad at the same time b/c it wasn't intentional and makes you wonder what kind of education people are refusing or being turned away from.

But yesh - Yard Cell is quite funny to me :lol

MC - can you post that pic in this thread? Would love to see it!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hahaha - thats too funny. Sad at the same time b/c it wasn't intentional and makes you wonder what kind of education people are refusing or being turned away from.

But yesh - Yard Cell is quite funny to me :lol

MC - can you post that pic in this thread? Would love to see it!
I'll see if DD will do it - it's in her phone. Look for a post by 'Rosie Disposition'

Oh yeah, they wanted $65 for the candle opera!!! At a yard cell!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Cute. Our schools need to step it up, eh?

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hmmm....I'm sure you're all probably right and it was spelled incorrectly because someone put it on a sign to advertise...BUT, when I saw just the title of the post I immediately thought, "Yeah, yard CELL is more like it." I personally HATE doing yard sales and I always felt like I was chained to it until it ended.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
and you cant blame that on a typo LOL
i see it alot on facebook and while i am the queen of typos ( and having typos corrected oddly by spellcheckers ) because my fingers are numb alot from my fibro- you can usually tell a dumb typos vs a totally having no idea how to spell.

the oddest to me is when someone is posting on FB to make some big point and use the wrong word. and i mean a 5th grade spelling word too LOL!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mary I've got to see that picture. LOL

Momto5RN I have fibro too so I know about typo's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.