Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gone to yard sales a couple of weekends recently and have gotten some really neat accessories for the home for next to nothing! I am planning on having a yard sale with my oldest dd in Sept. so am going to get rid of some stuff I no longer really care for.

So I was doing a little rearranging last night (aka cleaning LOL) and put a two tiered shelf (almost like a little step stool) on top of my refrigerator with a free! silk houseplant in a basket on top. On the bottom shelf I put a candle with a cute set of four wooden hearts tied with red homespun surrounding the candle (25cents) and an old flour sifter with a red handle that I got years ago at a yard sale. Next to the shelf I put an old cream mixing bowl with two very old pepper and herbal supplement boxes that I have had for years (hubby found them under one of his grandma's houses when he was fixing something) next to that!

Looks so neat! Anyone doing any rearranging lately?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I do a lot of rearranging lately. I too have been getting rid of somethings i am no longer fond of and picking up some little treasures at yard sales. Of course most of my house is furnished with yard sale stuff

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I'm going to be rearranging a wall today. I have a new piece of artwork and although it didn't come from a garage sale a lot of the accent pieces have. I did get a great deal on a custom frame (and it's a huge one) at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price. I went in, it wasn't on sale but I asked when they'd have the 1/2 price sale again and she said next week. We can take the measurements and order it then. So we did....:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jamie, most of my pretties are from yard sales and/or gifts from friends or my kids at birthday time or Christmas! I am so lucky they know what I love! I am really in to primitive country decor and I actually have a friend who will ask her husband "do you think this is ugly enough for Sue?" LOL (She doesn't like prim at all!)

Prairie Rose, I am so glad you found such a great bargain! I absolutely love Hobby Lobby and am lucky the closest one is 50 miles away! I would be in big trouble with my frugal lifestyle otherwise! They do have some awesome sales. I went last fall with a friend and got a couple of fall decor items for 90 percent off! Wonderful!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
It sounds like you got some great yardsale finds and your new decor sounds really cute. :)

--Michelle

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Michelle! I am a homebody and I like to feather my nest with old things and prim items.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Post a photo, if you can! I'd love to see it! :cheergrl::cheergrl:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Sounds nice!

I just re-purposed a basket that held baby toys that I freecycled (weep, weep...my baby isn't a baby anymore!) to hold magazines and catalogs next to the hearth. Love it!

·
Registered
900 Posts
It sounds so cute! I've been redecorating myself lately. Freecycled a lot of things that didn't fit my decor anymore and donated some other things. Just clearing stuff out made me happier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts