Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am so tired :sleepy:
next time one of my kids asks me to do a yardsale remind me of this day !! next time i will just buy their stuff from them for the 15$ he made and then give it away lol ! Much easier i think !!!

on a bright note i made about 90$ to add to the christmas fund but between not working yesterday or today i could have made a few x that working LOL !! Grannies attic @ my kids school ( a yard sale like area ) got a few bins of donations for the bazaar - the soup kitchen my kids youth group takes clothes got 2 bags of clothes and i had 2 boxes of books and a bin of misc stuff we put curbside with a FREE sign .

but thats 90 for holiday shopping with no actual money OOP or from our budget . :hurray::

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
That's wonderful! $90 is $90 more than you had before the sale!!!

Reactions: Momto5RN

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
How cool! I love yardsales--meaning I like to shop them but I've never had one. Good for you on adding to the Christmas fund. :thumb:

Reactions: Momto5RN

·
Registered
326 Posts
Oh, I also think $90 is great! It all helps to soothe the budget.

I do understand about making more at work, though. And honestly, sometimes I think I would rather dig ditches than have another garage sale. (Said she who had one last weekend!)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a plus is it forced me to go thru half the mess of the basement lol
i think if i ever do it again i will just tag things as i find them keep a few bins earmarked and when i have enough to do - i have so much in my atic also if i can ever get to it - have to finish basement first .

now that i have had a nap i feel better LOL it was also pretty chilly and windy and i just cant bet teh chillout of me even after a nap under my heating blanket buts the combo of fall and my fibro.

i broght a few things back into try to sell on craigslist so mat have some more $$ coming in - in a month or so .
( my 3 half mannis from my ebay days - thomas wooden train tracks a and a box of tinkertoys and a sack full of matchbox tracks

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Every time I have a yard sale I promise it will be the last.
However when I see a large pile of things adding up to donate I see dollar signs. 90 bucks is 90 bucks more then you had. WTG

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
they are a pain to set up.. One year i made $1,500 fantastic sale. Last one i made $500.That was like 3 yearsago.

·
Registered
379 Posts
WOW...I could never understand how you could make $1500 at a yard sale..you must have had a lot of stuff~!

that said...I had a yard sale a few weeks ago....and in 2 days made......drumroll....$40.00. Yep. I even advertised. $25.00~so my profit was a whopping $15.00. NEVER AGAIN WILL I HAVE A YARD SALE.

·
19,119 Posts
I was also going to add that it was a priceless experience for your son!! Great going!!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cher- that is why i havent had a yard sale in a while usually the permit is 15$ an add is 25 - and you still need to hang signs etc i would end up with a profit of maybe 50$ total for me and the kids.

this was a town yard sale so it was 10$ to sign up ( which goes tothe celebratiom committee which pays for town parades fireworks etc ) i didnt have to advertise- they did it and handed out papers with all the addys at places through out the town . didnt have to hang signs etc .

i still wouldnt do one again unless i was able to get into the townwide one again brings in people from all over .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.