Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom and I are having a yard sale tomorrow and I'm really hoping we do well. We have lots of good stuff and she's at a great location. I'll report back with my $$$ :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Ooh...good luck! I miss having garage sales! Enjoy!

·
Registered
908 Posts
I hope you do well!

Is this your first one or have you had them before. I'm scared to jump in and have one.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I wanna come shop....I miss being around garage sales!
Have fun and make lots of $$$

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Good luck with your yard sale today! :)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh man, I am worn out! It was really cold here this morning, so we didn't get many shoppers. Thankfully it warmed up and we had some shoppers this afternoon. I made about $80 and mom made about $50 so not too bad. I hate having yard sales (but love shopping them lol). I'm going to try to be very careful not to buy things that I won't use until it's worn out or things that can't be updated because I don't want to have another one of these. :) If it won't be used until all the use is out of it, I don't want it in my house. Oh well, it was worth it. I hope everyone had a good day!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I`m glad you did good! I wish I could have come. I like to yard sale,but I don`t have them anymore.I take mine to the salvation army.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from now on, I'm just going to put stuff I no longer want in a basket and freecycle when the basket is full. I'm really going to try not to get stuff I won't use. Its too much work to sell it at a fraction of what it cost. I'm FINALLY learning this lesson. lol

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
The last one I had , I closed up early packed it all and put it to the curb with a free sign attached. It was all gone in a few hrs. It was just getting on my nerves and I was over it. Swore I wouldn't do it again. But here I am planing one for next weekend. I just have things that I can't see not trying to get some money for.
Last time I swear. Glad you made some money.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The last one I had , I closed up early packed it all and put it to the curb with a free sign attached. It was all gone in a few hrs. It was just getting on my nerves and I was over it. Swore I wouldn't do it again. But here I am planing one for next weekend. I just have things that I can't see not trying to get some money for.
Last time I swear. Glad you made some money.

LOL! I say the same thing every time. I hope you do well next weekend, btw, I'm sending you a PM about a job opportunity.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
hey, that's $80 more than you had yesterday! That's GREAT!

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts