Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dd & I love to make these, you can make them for any occasion, any holiday....... yarn, fun foam or card stock (we use fun foam) glue and your imagination are all you need.......

http://www.makingfriends.com/yarn_bugs.htm

You can make these out of thin strips of fabric too..... use old cloths or jeans cut thin........

This is one dd made for school.........

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Oh my Gosh. I made a couple of these a few years ago. I made them for the classrooms that I worked in and I made bierthday bugs. I used lots of colors of yarns> when one of the lids had a birthday, I would put it on their desk and it was there to remind everyone to be kind to that person that it is their special day.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
SOOOO cute!!!!!

how big does this wind up being??

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Melissa, it can be as big as you like, this one is about 5 inches tall and I used an empty yogurt cup in the middle...... The ones on the website are smaller......

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Thanks! great idea with the yogurt cup! dh had better hurry up and start eating up the yougurts again!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I've thought about making these for a long time. They are so cute! I think I'll start on some graduation ones for next year. My son could give them to some of his friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts