Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom does well with mystery shopping so I decided to give it a try. I signed up for 20 fast foodaudits this weekend. I did 3 in my town this morning and it was fun and easy. I'm going to earn $300+ for this weekend:cheer4:

I took some jobs in a neighboring town for Saturday and figured me and my kids will go grocery shopping at Walmarts to get more bang for our buck and then we'll do some more shops on Sunday in another town and do something while we're there.

I'm excited because this is something my kids can do with me plus we can get out of the house occassionally:cheer4:

·
Registered
977 Posts
That is great! I checked into this in my area... but most only pay $3 - $4 for a visit and you have to spend some and not get fully reimbursed. With gas prices, it's just not worth it for me. But, I'm happy for you!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Can you share some information so others might be able to do this in their area?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hiya,

Where can I join?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Wow $300, WTG!!!

I've got a couple shops this wekend too, I wanted to go to a nearby town for the bread store and salvage grocery, so I took a couple shops in that town to help cover my gas. Its fun and you get to eat out!

I signed up at www.expereinceexchange.com and www.sgmarketing.com

Some jobs can go for 50-70 dollars if they are close to the time limit and in a remote location...wish I lived closer to those. Some are a 2 hr drive, so not worth my time or gas, but for those in the next town or two over, its nice to combine errands and know that gas is covered.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I am a regualar, 15 veteran of mystery shopping. I will give you the #1 site for all the info that you need.....
www.volition.com
This site has tons of mystery shopping info and more! Go the section that says "Get paid for shopping". There is a huge list there of reputible msing companies and the best way to get shops is just to apply to all the diff companies. I make several hunderd to several thousand dollars a year doing this. Some is product, some is food, and some is money. It's fun too!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a regualar, 15 veteran of mystery shopping. I will give you the #1 site for all the info that you need.....
www.volition.com
This site has tons of mystery shopping info and more! Go the section that says "Get paid for shopping". There is a huge list there of reputible msing companies and the best way to get shops is just to apply to all the diff companies. I make several hunderd to several thousand dollars a year doing this. Some is product, some is food, and some is money. It's fun too!!
Volition also has a mystery shopping company list and i've applied to about 40 of them so far.

My experience is that you need to apply before you can see their job listings to see what clients and areas they service. Check to see when their pay schedule is.

One thing i've done is one mystery shopping place have gas station shops paying $4 plus $2 reimbursement, there are 4 of these gas stations going to a bigger town by me that has great grocery prices. It would cost me $9 in gas to drive there and back. I picked up 4 of those shops so i'll get $24 so that will eventually give me back the money to get to that town plus i'll go shopping and make my grocery money going farther in the process.

I picked up another shop where you evaluate customer service at a store, reimbursement is $10 plus $3 fee. I need diapers anyways so it will be like free diapers when I get paid.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
So your fast food audits are through volition?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
So your fast food audits are through volition?
You do not actually SHOP thru volition, but the companies that you sign up for to do the shops can be found thu volition. Go to volition, sign up for companies, and then you can do fast food shops, or gas shops, or bank shops, or day care shops, or postal, retail, fine dining....... thru the companies that you have signed up for.

ps- NEVER pay a fee to mystery shop (not counting the purchase of goods or services that are reimb for a shop)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would love to find out more about this!!! If someone could send me a private message, that would be great. I am a stay at home wife who is almost bored out of her mind and would love to do something like this. Jobs right now in this state are very hard to come by.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I do a little bit of mystery shopping too. I don't do the shops that are not convenient to me unless they pay very well b/c of gas prices and my time is worth more than $2-3/hr. It takes some time to do the paperwork and fax the results in, etc.... . I really dislike fast food shops (soooooo much work for so little money). I prefer 'audits' to shops actually. After you get some experience it's a bit easier to pick and choose what you want to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts