Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~Spent $5 on materials to make this purse for my sister. One hour to design and purchase materials, one hour to cut pieces, 4 hours sewing and a half hour to photograph and wrap. This is probably the most complicated purse I've made. I used my old bedazzler to stud the front strips. I used spare charms to add removable "bling". This has an inset zipper(I usually go button or magnetic clasp) and a REAL lining(I usually just double the fabric and finish seams inside). It's about 10 inches across the widest part.~

·
Registered
426 Posts
You did a great job!! Very professional looking!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Very impressive! I'm sure your sister will love it!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Wow, that looks terrific! Good job. :D

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Too cute! What a great job!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
very nice! is that seersucker fabric?

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow it's very awesome, have you thought about making these and selling them? I love it! :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
You did an awesome job and it looks great. I'm sure your sister will love it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW!

VERY NICE!!! :hot: Have you considdered selling these on ebay??? I would buy several! If you already are, please post your seller ID so I can check them out :rose:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You did a great job! It looks very professional. I bet your sister will love it and it's even more special because of the time you took to create it for her :).

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
~Thanks everybody! She did love it..YES! I don't know if it's seersucker. It's a textured cotton. The little rectangles are are punched to give it a raised texture. I've thought many times of having a purse business because I'm just MAD about homemade purses. I've been sewing for about 15 years but I don't think my skills are quite good enough yet to sell. I have thought about making a ton of grocery totes to delete my stash a bit. Those might sell well.~

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
WTG!!! good idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts