Frugal Village Forums banner

Yes! It's Friday

Tags
friday spend
3K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  Marie78 
#1 ·
Today is oldest son's bday. I have to hit the grocery store for the items to make banana pudding (he wants that instead of a cake). DD needs to buy new bras and I think I have talked her into going ahead and get the nursing bras even though she is only in 4th month. She has an eye exam at 10 then we have to get home and get everything ready for tonight. We only go out to eat for birthdays so tonight we are going to son's fave sushi place (nothing raw for DD though).

#3 ·
Happy Birthday to your ds!!

Also be aware that while pg, her eyesight changes slightly (because of extra fluid in the body). Any good eye dr will know this and not change her prescription (or prescribe glasses if she doesn't have any).

I'm sooo glad it's Friday. I have been exhausted lately. I go to bed between 10-11pm and sleep until 8-9am and I just wake up so tired.

Not much to do today. I don't have to leave the house today, which is nice. First day all week I haven't had to run around somewhere.

~clean up the kitchen
~put away laundry
~empty the hampers
~wash more laundry
~general picking up all over downstairs
~strip beds, wash & remake

#4 ·
Happy birthday to your DS! Mine just turned 5 last week...it amazes me how quickly their yearly birthdays come around each year!

Good idea on talking her into the nursing bras! She'll need them later, and maybe also talk her into one that is just a bit bigger than she needs! When I was about 6 months pregnant with each of my boys, I went up at least a full cup size and stayed that way until after I was done nursing! It helped to have the nursing bra's becuase, I swear they stretch more than the regular bras do!

Not much going on around here today! Hitting the grocery store, hitting the bank (trying to clean up my transfer fiasco), going to the gym tonight, packing up the kids for a stay at the grandparents, and taking DH some lunch at lunch time, and that is about it for the day!

#7 ·
No Spend Friday!

Since Friday's daily post forum is called "Frugal Friday" I have decided that for today I will not spend any money or go anywhere. I am going to clean the basement, and gather things up for our Spring yard sale. Can you tell I'm getting Spring fever?

#8 · (Edited)
I am so glad its friday! This has been one long week, and seems to be dragging on and on. I am so looking forward to the weekend, its a great one with the SUPER BOWL!!! Only problem with that is that football season is over...boohoo.... I love football!

I do daycare for a family of three. My youngest daughter also help me so its so much easier with the two of us to watch over three kids. One is 4, one is 8, and one isn't a kid at all and is 14.
I have to admit some weeks are longer than others, but all and all I love these kids as if they were my own. (I pretty much raised their mom!) Things are pretty quiet with the little one, but when the older two get home from school some days are like zoobly zoo at our house. Its been a pretty crazy week so I am glad to see it be friday and know the weekend is around the corner!
I plan on staying home, getting my housework done, laundry done and a bunch of cooking today so I can play during the weekend! I love getting everything done on friday so that I can have the weekend to craft, hit the thrift store or just be somewhat lazy.....TGIF!

#10 ·
I wish I could say I am not spending money this week. So far, $333.00 for 2 new tires on van and today a $100.00 battery for my Scion. The money is going out faster than it is coming in. Just part of being retired I guess.:bang: That said I want to have a nice quiet do what I want weekend. I shouldn't say this out loud because when I do it all goes down the tube for me. Have a good weekend and enjoy it no matter what way it turns out.:wave:

Monner :snowing:

#12 ·
I actually have lots to do today we are leaving for an overnight trip to visit my sister and her family in western Michigan about a 2.5 hour drive. So I need to pack everyone's overnight stuff plus snow clothes because we are going to Lake Michigan to see the ice burgs. It is a phenomenal sight. I am going to take plenty of pictures. But before I pack I will do my morning routine, fold a load of laundry, vacuum the laundry area and basement go to the bank, the library, and the store and fill up the truck I'm thinking an oil change is due too then they will check the fluids and tire pressure. Then we are leaving at 4pm!

#14 ·
It's sunny, but is that wind ever cold.I went to swim this morning, did the house routine, and I am going to work on organizing the mudroom and the laundry room.Have another couple coming for cards in the evening, so I am going to set up an appetizer tray for us to snack on.Have a good day.

#15 ·
I am working from home again today due to the snow.
One nice thing about the snow is I have had 5 NS Days in a row (probably a record for me, lol)

Agenda for today:
· Work
· Sweep all hard floors
· Make grocery list for tomorrow
· Make dinner—Pork chops, baked beans, homemade bread
· Watch a movie

#16 ·
Laundry and rug hooking this afternoon. this evening is date night for DH and I. I think it involves the gym, a hot tub, a fire in a fireplace, and a movie. I might even crack out the bottle of wine that's been hiding in the fridge a month now. I think it's been chilled enough!

Jean

#17 ·
I have some much that I want to get done today, but it is already noon and I have yet to start.
I really need to do some cleaning.
So my goals for the day are:
1) laundry - towels, lights, darks, sheets
2) Bedroom - change sheets, pick up the clutter that as encroached
3) Office - needs to be picked up. It has become a dumping ground and needs to be picked up before it gets too bad
4) Bathrooms - need to be cleaned
5) Kitchen - clean off counters and surfaces
6) Floors - sweep, mop, vacuum
7 ) Livingroom - declutter

That is a long list at least for me. I am not sure that I will accomplish it all, but I can try. It would be really nice to start the weekend with a clean house.

#19 ·
Yes happy birthday to your son. I'm not spending any money today, no big plans. I've done the dishes and I'm doing laundry. I fixed the drawer on our computer desk. My fiance will appreciate that since it came off on him 2 nights ago. I have to fix dinner later. I'm just glad fiance and I can spend an evening together.

Cat

#20 ·
Well here is my day:
Today was dh's payday so I went and done the banking and then met my dd for lunch before she went off for her afternoon college class.
Then off I went to Wally World, Save A Lot, Clerks office for tag reneuwal for dd's car, and then to a local place for some natural healing vitamins.
Home again! Home again! Got everything put away. I needed to do a couple of loads of laundry but I'm just exhausted. I haven't been well so the trip to town was a bit much and I overdidit. Didn't help that the stores were full today and I just kept having to go around people standing in aisles and blocking them talking. I was a nervous wreck by the time I left.

#23 ·
Hope ds has a blessed birthday. As for me I plan on going no where if I can help it. To many extra people in town and it shows. I have a few books I can read.

#24 ·
I hope DS had a wonderful birthday. I had a thought on bras for your DD. I'm in my 4th month too and I bought a bra extender for $1.50 and it will allow me to stay in my current bras for at least another month or more before I need to buy nursing bras or a bigger size. Just a thought to save some money :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.