Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
My hubby and I have never opened up a savings account. We just kept it in the checking accounts and some how always it got spent. SO..I started gathering up all the loose change in this place; jars, cans, boxes, floor etc AND I have $310.17...........I came close to fainting at the amount. Saturday morning we are making a trip to the bank and get our EF started. YES YES YES
Barbara

No cc debt and now a EF account. I'm doing the dance. wiggle wiggle:mdance:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yeah! Good for you, you must be so excited :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That's amazing you found so much in change!! Go open that account and don't let it slip through your fingers!!

·
27,948 Posts
Wow Barbara, that's a lot of change! You must have been tripping over it, lol. Good for you on starting an emergency fund, many would have spent it. Next time a rainy day comes and you need money to help pay for something you will be ready for it. WTG!:thumb:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's awesome and alot of change too! Good for you! :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thats allot of change. Great job.

·
Registered
546 Posts
:tay: That's a good chunk of change! It's awesome you are getting a EF started!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have the biggest smile on my face right now as I remember the feeling when we opened up our first ING account to start saving lol! I still get that feeling whenever we put money into our emergency account and at the first of the month I can't wait to rush to see how much interest we made.:D

You are going to have so much fun watching your hard earned money add up!:cheergrl:

WTG on saving all of that change:thumb:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
that's great!! :mdance:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Good for you! That is so awesome!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My husband when he got rid of his change would toss it in a junk drawer in one of his dressers, on his valet, jewelry box etc. I have a water bottle(big blue) that when ever I went shopping I would toss my change in. There was a coffee can in the living room next to a chair that had pennies and such. I didn't realize that it was like that until I got to looking. I can take a pic of it but I don;t think that I could get it on here to show everyone that I am not kidding. I'll take the picture with a digital camera and if anyone can let me know how to upload it I'll show this mess.
Barbara

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Keep on doing the wiggle dance as you keep on saving!! :yippee:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I counted the change shorted myself 11 dollars. so we actually have 321 instead of 310. I took pictures of my horde but can't figure out how to get it loaded up for all to see.:umbrella:

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
Wow! And coins are heavy. I don't think I could even carry that much into the bank!

Congrats! Saving is MUCH more fun than paying off debt!

·
Registered
586 Posts
You are inspiring me to get my change jars going and to stop taking out all the quarters and dimes that I accumulate. I will keep your story in mind when I raid the jar!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank goodness I have a big strapping Texan for a husband. I tried to lift the box that I have all the rolled change in and couldn't move it. It took me all day to roll the change even with our roller thing. don't know what you call it anyway. Gonna wait until our tax money gets here and take it all to the bank and open an account. haven't decided whether it will be a cd or just a savings account.
Barbara:grwave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts