Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an unworn pair of lands end khaki pants...for only $2.99...today i am off to the tailor to have the waist taken in and the pockets removed! yeah!

i also got a really really cute flowy type white J Jill blouse...for $2.99!:shower:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Isn't thrift store shopping just the FUNNEST?? I spent nearly three hours of my last day off in just one thrift store last week, just looking around and really combing through the racks and shelves. It is very therapeutic to ME :) I spent about $50 but I walked out with three bags of clothing and completely refreshed my work wardrobe with Eddie Bauer, Villager, Lands End, and many other brand name items still with tags on them. Got a brand new with tags button-down shirt for my mister in a tall size (hard to find) and a couple pairs of Abercrombie and Aeropostale jeans for my daughter as well. My favorite purchase is a Talbots blazer made of "Italian fabric" (yes, that is what the tag says LOL). Whatever the fabric it is, it's perfectly fitted for me, has some stretch, and was under $5.

Kudos on your finds! I love love love second-hand shopping, especially when people donate with tags still on - you know it was never worn or washed, perfectly brand new enough for me!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
how much does it cost for the waist being taken in and pockets removed ?? i rarely buy anything that needs tailored because i always figured that would cost alot .

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great find!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just depends on the tailor...i tailor most bottoms that i buy...it ranges from $5 - 45...depending...these will be $16 to tailor....about the same as if i bought them from the catalog...but then it would be adding the $16 to that price! so, in my mind, well worth it!

i like things to fit "just so". so, i do tailor alot of my clothing, not always frugal, but, looks neater and better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts