Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here ever make anything with yo yo's? I saw a quilt but i dunno if it would take forever or not. I would like to do one in pinks for dd...:drama:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Missy you had me this time--I had to go google to find out what a yo-yo quilt was/is. It really looks like a labor of love.

I've had this denim circle quilt bookmarked for quite a while. SOME DAY I will make one of these!

http://www.equilters.com/library/jeans/jeans_gallbaros.html

I would love to see a picture of your yo-yo quilt when you make it.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that denim circle quilt is my "plan to do" for dh's dad with his deceased wife's shirts in it. i have to gather more denim still.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
My girlfriend did one for a client, she made 2000 plus for making a king size one. She was very busy, but it didn't look real difficult she made all the little yoyo things and then pieced them together. just took a bit of time

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
anyone here ever make anything with yo yo's? I saw a quilt but i dunno if it would take forever or not. I would like to do one in pinks for dd...:drama:
Ha Ha Ha!!!! This made me laugh! Coz over here Yo Yo's are biscuits (cookies for you). Imagine a quilt made out of Yo Yo biscuits. Thanks for making me laugh today!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha Ha Ha!!!! This made me laugh! Coz over here Yo Yo's are biscuits (cookies for you). Imagine a quilt made out of Yo Yo biscuits. Thanks for making me laugh today!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
don't worry, i am making a Biscuit quilt too! ROFL. honest...i am. google biscuit quilts or puff quilts. :D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Yep, Missy you are right, it takes a long time to get one done unless you have lots of down time to make yoyos, it is easy to make them while traveling or watching television but I remember when I was the Mom of 3 young kiddos and the thought of "down time" was laughable. It was a project that lasted for years for me and I never did finish the blooming thing. They are pretty though.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I have an update. Yesterday i sat and cut out over 300 circles. That should keep me busy for a little while. All in pinks and purples (if anyone is bored insane, 100% cotton, use a cd for a template, and I'll pm my addy ROFL. j/k) I sewed 20 into yo yo's today. they came out cute, but...uh 20. in an hour...at this rate it's gonna take awhile. and it appears i will need to make it 30-40x70 yoyos to make a size i could put on her bed.

it actually seems plausible that i might get it done. it'll be a miracle if i can get it done by her birthday in march. The last step will be securing it to a fabric backing so that it doesn't get all stretched out or messed up. that will give it some sturdiness.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Making a Yo-Yo quilt is on my list of quilts to make. They are so pretty and I've seen one in pinks and purples and they are adorable for a little girls room!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts