Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this hasn't already been created (i searched, but didn't see one).

I am looking for others who do Yoga to chat with and learn from as well.
Those IRL who I know who do yoga either don't have time outside of their schedules to just talk or get together for routines... or they're the type who think because they do yoga, they're better than everyone else.

So I thought I'd ask here & see if anyone wanted to discuss what they like, do, want to do, etc. :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I do yoga from time to time.
I do the relaxation, stretching, and exercise aspect of yoga not to much into what is considered the more spiritual side of yoga.

I took a graduate class for teachers about using yoga in the classroom (and in the workplace).

My daughter (8) takes a yoga class at school, in after school activities. She generally falls asleep though, as do many children.

She sometimes come home with a pose and challenges me to do it.

Reactions: perSue

·
8,714 Posts
~Me! I love doing yoga but I'm been a lazy bum lately. I'd love to have some accountability.
I like it for relaxation, flexibility and deep breathing practice. Cardio workouts are much easier when I've been doing my routines regularly.
My biggest challenge has been privacy. I include the kids whenever I can(because I have no choice but to do so) but they end up thinking it's wrestling time. It's pretty much impossible holding my balance with hyper kids underfoot. *sigh*
I should probably get up earlier than the kids but ds gets up at 6am. :ack:~

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol thanks for replying :)

i've been doing it for 17+ yrs (off/on w/other exercises).
i prefer Hatha, tho i have tried others.

i feel my strongest, most flexible & most calm when i do yoga, vs any other exercise - which is probably why i've stuck with it for all these yrs! lol

i do enjoy jogging, weight lifting, cardio activities & tai chi... but yoga gives me the all the benefits of those.

i try to do it at least 5 days a week, and the other 2 i'll do another acitivity like weight training or just go for a nice walk.

:)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'll add my name here. I love yoga but don't get to practice daily. If I manage 3x week it's a good week.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I took a yoga class for sometime over the summer and fell in love with it. I try to do some at home and feel so much better after I finish.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
OK yoga kith, this post got me moving the last few days and wow, I feel better. Anyone want to start a weekly yoga challenge? Share frugal yoga finds? My contribution is you can subscribe to a yogamazing podcast for free in itunes.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have wanted to do yoga for a long time now but just haven't done it!!! I'm going to find a class and join in the near future....I'll let you know how it goes! :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
LOVE yoga! Been doing it on my own since I was 15, used to have a daily practice but has become more like a once in awhile have the time practice.I know it's something I should make time for every day cause what a difference it makes in my life!

Patty

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
So how's everyone doing? I've been more mindful of getting some in everyday, even if it's just some stretches and breathing.
Patra My practice is solitary as I live in an area with NO yoga classes available unless I want to drive 40 miles. I was introduced to yoga 20 years ago in a college PE class. I just took it so I wouldn't have to run, LOL.

·
Registered
431 Posts
lol! I was on the karate team in college, and also did yoga...I still do martial arts and yoga together as they complement one another...There was a martial arts kith on here at one time too,can't find it .But I do Hung Ga gung fu now, and have a brown belt in shaolin kenpo.Tho that's for another thread,I also try to do five miles a day on my stationary bike.I have a lot of energy and need to direct it in good ways lol.Also have two little ones a five year old and two year old so finding time to do all my physical activities is sometimes hard.Love yoga especially astanga, and anusara yoga which is heart opening; have also done some bikram,I am fortunate to live on long island and have numerous yoga studio's nearby, within five minutes of me.Also my dojo I can walk to tho it is in a bad part of town so I drive.Love to see all the yoga enthusiasts here!

Patty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts