Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become addicted to Yogurt Parfaits . . . . actually a recipe that you can find on the back of the Grape Nuts box, so yes, it's also rather healthy! It's simple enough to make . . . . you simply fill a dessert glass with layers of fresh strawberries, vanilla yogurt and grape nuts in that order. I usually do 2 layers of each and always top off my Yogurt Parfait with the strawberries! They are delicious, low in calories and very energizing! ENJOY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:chef: Sounds delicious! And like you said, Low Fat!!! Those are two rare combinations! :) Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That sounds great ! My kids love Yogurt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Simplemom ~ It is a great snack or even as an actual meal! I don't like grape nuts in general, but as a crunchy topping on my yogurt, they are great! Thanks for replying!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Cschontu :) Actually, I think I never ate Grapenuts before...Do you think they sell them in Canada, Quebec? Maybe I just never noticed. It's a cereal, right? Why don't you like them much? Just curious.:)

Sometimes, I used to add some of the broken small peices of Mini-Wheat's cereal in my yogurt...you know, when the box is almost empty. :D Have you ever done that?

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Mmmm.....I have some frozen low fat yogurt, fresh strawberries in the fridge and Harvest Crunch, I am going to try that! Thank you!:smball:

Lucie, I have never bought Grape Nuts but I am pretty sure you can get them here, I think they are in a purple box.:) In the cereal aisle!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Lucie,

We never liked Grape Nuts as kids because it was like eating the seeds of grapes - too hard to bite! You had to let them soak in milk for 15 minutes before eating them. But if you add milk and stick them in the microwave, they're good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Lucie! Yes, Heather is correct. Grape Nuts are in a white box w/purple trim. I guess I don't like them too much w/just milk because they aren't very sweet. When my boyfriend eats them he also tops them w/honey and then the milk just to sweeten them up. And yes, they are very crunchy. But with the yogurt and strawberry mixture, they provide a great crunch! And hold their crunch unlike a lot of cereals. It's a really fun snack to eat, very, very good and actually really attractive in a dessert glass! Your idea w/the shredded wheat is a good idea too! Have you tried any with the fruit filling? Just curious . . . . I was wondering which you preferred. Thanks for your replies! And everyone elses. Hope you enjoy! I will provide more fun snack recipes as time goes on. :) Stay tuned!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts