Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to Make Yogurt | eHow.com How to Make Yogurt. Details for a more controlled method of making yogurt.

Here is how I make my simple plain yogurt.
10 November 2010 Yogurt. 10 November 2010 Yogurt.

Buy a small container of plain yogurt to use as starter bacteria. Gently bring to a boil a liter of milk. Pour into a glass bowl. Let cool to just being slightly warm. Mix in about two large tablespoons of the starter yogurt.

Heat your oven to about 300 degrees, turn off and let cool a bit, then put the covered bowl in the oven and leave for 12 to 24 hours. At the end of the period presto, there is a large bowl of yogurt. Save a covered container of this yogurt for the next batch. Store in the refrigerator. I make a batch usually daily.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thank you! I've seen the recipe before but never knew anyone who actually made it. I have been thinking seriously about it, because the price of yogurt is going through the roof here.

This is on my to-do list.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I've seen the recipe before but never knew anyone who actually made it. I have been thinking seriously about it, because the price of yogurt is going through the roof here.

This is on my to-do list.
The first time that I made it. It takes about five minutes to prepare. I got my second batch working now. I am amazed just how quickly those bacteria work. Thickening begins almost immediately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there all,
Yogurt is much helpful and awesome thing that is if kept in your meal on daily routine than you will find the good and positive result's... Just try this one....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.