Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the "end of civilazation as we know it"! This is the last day of school (half day) for our town. :cry: Now, you all know I homeschool my kids and we already finished our school year. Things have been so peaceful! We live in a small town and I can hear the kids up at the school and and at the pool. It's been so nice NOT having teens speeding in front of our house at all hours, NOT having kids show up at my door from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. at night asking if my kids can play, NOT having phone calls at all hours of the day and night, NOT having kids show up to borrow videos or games all day long, and NOT having giggling girls standing in front of my house yelling for my boys to come out (UGHHH). I dread having this happening again this Summer.

Please don't think I don't want my kids to have friends over. Most of the kids friends spend lots of time here and I welcome that. Some are from broken homes where things are very tense and they need someone to love and believe in them. They find that here with us.:) I never know how many I will have for any given meal here or who will be spending the night and that is ok. It's just the obnoxious, ill mannered kids that give me fits. One even chucked a rock at my son's head yesterday while he was doing yard work for a neighbor.:mad: I'll tell you, if I find out who that kid is (new kid in town), I'll report him to the police so fast his little head will be spinning!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I know what you mean, Debbie....We have minimum 35 kids living on our street, between 8 houses, only! What I find difficult to cope with, is friends knocking at our door as early at 8h00 am, when we're barely getting out of bed, or friends knocking at our door when we eat.(we eat earlier than everyone on this street...), my kid's wanting each a friend in the pool(making 8 kids in there!:toothy: ) and the kids who stay out so late in front of our house, but my kids going crazy to go out at 9h30 pm...when their inside...

Oh well...

I hope you still have a nice summer Debbie! :) At least it's not all year long...;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Lucie,
It sounds like you and I go through the same thing each summer!!! :hugz: to you too! I hope you survive the summer!:)

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry Debbie, I too like the quiet. Noise gets my back up.I love when Fall comes & it gets dark early and everyone settles down early. Were all in the house nice fire going ahh...
May be time to lay down the law -No phone calls,visits etc. after such and such a time.;)
Oh, I love living out in the middle of nowhere where unplanned visits are rare.:)

Hope your summer turns out to be the best one yet.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darlene,
We have layed down the law, but some of these kids seem to have a "forgetful" streak in them and still call or show up at all hours. UGHHH! I think I am going to start calling their parents when this happens and see how their parent like to be awakened with phone calls at 6:30 a.m. or 10 p.m.;)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I dred the summer because that's when all the kids are here all day to 'take over' the pool. I swear they think they own it:confused: I get glared at by this one little boy, he gets out of the pool when I get in and starts his little 'pouting' session while just giving me the dirtiest looks! Unbelievable! He wants to cannonball ..but still he does not OWN the pool, there is a reason why it's a PUBLIC pool ....
(thanks for letting me get my vent out too) :D

:D

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i'd call the parents whether the kid showed up at the house or called on the phone. there is no reason to be calling at all hours of the day and night. i turn kids away from the door if they show up before 9. i've had to tell one set of kids not to come down unless mine are already outside, and even then they have to check with me to see if mine can play because they drive the other kids away and only stay around if i am giving out snacks.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Debbie.:)

Yes, Pita, I do turn the kids away, make clear messages that no one comes before the curtains are open, etc...but some seem to forget...lol Oh well, *maybe* this summer will be different...:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I can relate to your feeling gals. I am having the same problems here. We have a friend of DDs that has a rather poor home life-lives with stepmonster and Dad and is treated as nuisance by stepmonster (I have witnessed this first hand), the poor girl does not even have a bedroom of her own, they have allocated a corner of the living room for her bed and belongings but the stepmonsters son (who only stays there part of the time, he actually LIVES with his father) gets a room of his own. Their computer is in the living room and her Dad stays up late on it, so she can not even have a normal sleep schedule. I truly feel very sorry for her BUT...she comes over and stays and stays and stays and I end up taking her home which is a long ways out in the country down some narrow winding roads. I don't feel comfortable driving on them in the daytime, and especially at night. I just dread it when DD says she is coming over, I just can't bring myself to say no because I know that she needs the stability of a normal family but it still irritates me.:bang:

I am already ready for summer to be over, LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts