Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are willing to drive around a car that's covered in a company's ad, you can have a car for free, for two years (minus gas & insurance). Advertising-supported car ownership!

http://drivers.freecarmedia.com/home.cfm

If you already have a car you can also be paid $400/month to have it covered in ads.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i'd do it! they can cover my van with ads

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Neat! I signed up to have my car wrapped. I don't think I would want one of their cars. You have to sign up for insurance through Progressive and I don't like them.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
It sounds interesting. I do wonder if you have the right to say no if it is an ad you don't want on your car. I can't imagine pulling up to pick my kids up at school with playboy plastered all over my car.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sounds interesting. I do wonder if you have the right to say no if it is an ad you don't want on your car. I can't imagine pulling up to pick my kids up at school with playboy plastered all over my car.
I was wondering this too. I sure hope you have some say in the ads!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found this in the FAQ:

<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="5">
</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="470">What do I do if I’m uncomfortable with the type of advertisement on my vehicle?
You can refuse to accept that particular program and still be eligible to be picked by a different advertiser. It is in everyone’s best interest to make sure you support and are happy with the program. However, you will not have the ability to be selective on the designs or colors that our advertisers decide to use for a program.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I signed up! Thanks for the link, Acidcookie.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just signed up for it.
:music:

If I get it the extra money would helpful in paying off debt. I'll feel like I can take on the world once my credit card is paid off.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
thanks acidcookie, I will have to show this site to my dh when he gets home and see what he thinks.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I just signed up for it.
:music:

If I get it the extra money would helpful in paying off debt. I'll feel like I can take on the world once my credit card is paid off.
No kidding! I wouldn't mind having an extra $400 a month to put toward debt. I've got my fingers crossed

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
ROFL, I registered our work van. It's ours, we own it. So we can do it!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I registered. I'm in Canada and it was set to work in Canada, so we'll see. registered to use our own vehicle. They don't have one that would fit the whole crew..lol

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That's a neat opportunity! I remember a few years back some college students were earning extra money by having temporary tattoos on their foreheads with different company logos.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Wonder if 2 people in the family can sign up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know about this one, I'm not sure of them doing a background/ criminal check or a credit check . Not that I have anything to hide, but I am getting scared putting info on the computer anymore. Anyone else feel like this? I just feel we are to open to whoever anymore and for all the privacy agreements there are now adays,it seems we have no privacy at all, and all our personnel info if just there for the asking. Read the agreement very closely .Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
My understanding is they are "leasing" you a vehicle, and will do a check to be sure you're fine. No different than leasing any other vehicle. Of course you can ask them if you're selected what it pertains too. But as a company, you think they'd want to be sure the person they are giving the car to for 2 years is a good risk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts