Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being practical I am going to assume that we don't win the big lotto.

Back to the real world - something that could very much happen...

You find a $100 bill lying on the ground. No one is around, so it must be yours.

How are you going to spend your new windfall?

I think I would stash it in my purse and the next time I see a super clearance on something - I will stockpile away!

How about you gang - what's your plan with that crisp, beautiful bill???

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm gonna go crazy and put it on the vet bill. LOL

·
2,688 Posts
Get it broke down into smaller bills, and keep it for garage saling treasures this summer. So when I see a deal, I can't say no to, I got a stash :)

I actually did find a $ 20 bill in the street one day in a cul de sac when I was garage saling their street sale. Best thing I found that day :)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I found $100 dollar bill once. I was short about $100 to pay for 6 months of insurance on our trucks. So I used it to pay our truck insurance.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Dog food so I would be 1 month ahead on that.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Sadly, I would have to leave it on the ground, because I know it isn't really mine and I wouldn't be able to use it without feeling guilty.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
As exciting as it sounds lol, it would go into savings :) Murphy will come to visit and I'll let him have it LOL

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I'd pick it up and throw it onto my Line of Credit.

Seriously, like what am I going to to?...Pick it up, wave it around in the air and say loudly "Whose is this $100 bill?":lol:

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Sadly, I would have to leave it on the ground, because I know it isn't really mine and I wouldn't be able to use it without feeling guilty.
Generally, that is my answer for things like this too but sometimes I do feel like it was mine. Like it was meant to find me. Seems odd I know. In those rare situations I have known exactly what it was for and used it without guilt.

Oh and it has never been a $100 bill people hold on tight to the money in my neck of the woods. Very rarely do you find anything bigger than a nickel. pennies are more common but still rare.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Put it in my stash for the trip to the Dollhouse and Miniatures show next month. It will be easy to blow $100 there.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Years ago exhubby found a $100 bill and we went to dinner....never been so sick in all my life....don't think that is what we were suppose to do with that money.
I did win $100 on a scratch off back in Dec. and I gave it to our church missions dept. They needed it more then I did and I never missed it.........

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Put it toward the trailer being finished so we could finally get moved.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I like this question :thumb:, and the way I would use $100 today is I would go out and find the best meat deals out there, and fill my freezer. The meat stash is dwindling, and the finances are tight for us in March and April. :eek:uch: So the security of all that food would put me a little more at ease. :hungry: Now ask me again in May, and I'll probably have a whole different set of ways to use that $100. :shrug2:

Theresa :coffee3:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Probably grab sibs/pizza for dinner as a nice treat, put the other $80 in savings.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i'd pick that bad boy up fold it twice so it's nice and small, stick it in my bra then go buy a tire for the car as that is what I need at the moment. if i were not needing tires I'd blow it on the kiddo's.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would spend it on the grocery stockpile

1 - 20 of 36 Posts