Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You drive up on a deer in the middle of the road and wonder how much meat you'll be able to stuff in your freezer and how long it'll last... then contemplate speeding up to hit it because it's illegal to carry a loaded crossbow in your car.
:rollsmile

This happened tonight.

What's sad is that I've only been a part of this forum for 4 days.

I wonder if that's the same as when you play Tetris for 3 days straight and everything that fits the geometric shape of the blocks actually become living Tetris pieces... in your mind. *sigh*

·
27,948 Posts
Lol!
You know you've been on here too long when things that happen in the Village make their way into your dreams. It often gets quite interesting when the stories cross over each other & go in a totally different directions. For example Heather's nosey neighbor and fence saga melding with Teresa's "eating" monkeys. :toothy:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
OMG totally sounds like me, I just came seem to stay away! :)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Lol!
You know you've been on here too long when things that happen in the Village make their way into your dreams. It often gets quite interesting when the stories cross over each other & go in a totally different directions. For example Heather's nosey neighbor and fence saga melding with Teresa's "eating" monkeys. :toothy:
LOL!!! Too funny Darlene, and so true! I think about you guys all the time, and wonder and ponder how things are going for you.

·
Registered
503 Posts
When you feel as though you know everyone -- and pray for everyone all the time -- and you're still mostly a lurker!!

~Mary

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:) You know you have been on here too long when you want to share something new in your life with your fellow frugal villagers and then forget that you haven't shared your news with your family or other friends yet :) LOL

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I knew I had been around too long when I thought, "I'll get that bitc!" about Heathers crappy neighbor, then realized I was in Missouri.Jeez- gotta take a breather.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I knew I had been around for too long when I wanted to spend more time here than with my family. I ended up having to take a breather...

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
You know you have here for too long when your family announces that they are rinsing out their plastic cup... ask whats on the menu instead of for dinner that night... someone says they need new socks/pants/hat/car and you break out your yarn bin.

Actually DF thinks it's great and yes, he is washing out his plastic cups (it's progress!)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
You know you have been on the boards too long when you check into the forum before the personal or work email every morning.

You know you have been on the boards too often when the only thing stopping you from eating out/charging something/breaking a no spend day is the thought that everyone on the boards will know when you update your siggy......

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
You know you have been on the boards too often when the only thing stopping you from eating out/charging something/breaking a no spend day is the thought that everyone on the boards will know when you update your siggy......
so true.

you know you've been here too long when...
-your DH is afraid to turn up the heat LOL
-He begins sentences with "babe can you check on freecycle for a ________"
-you start to think "wal-dryl" is a brand name (walgreens generic benedryl)
-during a "discussion" with your husband about your in-laws you shout "why does everyone thinks its so crazy that we want to live WITHIN our means!!"

·
Registered
820 Posts
When I start to call Barb DW it's time to take a rest.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You know you have been here too long when you pay off a cc and you think wait there is one more thing I know I have to do: :confused::whistle:

~I have hit submit when I have paid online.
~I have entered the amount in checkbook.
~I have entered confirmation # in checkbook.
~I have filed away paid bill.

Oh yes.....I forgot to enter the paid off cc in my signature line.:crackup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
...when you seriously consider cancelling a dinner date to see how Heather's fence saga turns out.....( I didn't!!)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
when you start cutting your dishsponges into 3rds so they will last longer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts