Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how acceptable this will be where you live? As I know you have lots of creatures we don't have out in the wild.

Anyway I aquired ANOTHER two pets today!!!! :eek: (It's getting like a zoo here)

We have two chipmunks! - I don't know if you keep those as pets? It's the only way we do have them - although it isn't common like keeping a dog or something, in fact I only know personally of one other person who has them.

I can't show you a pic yet they are way too fast LOL - I'll see what I can do later???

So now I have one staffordshire bull terrier, 4 male rats, and two chipmunks. Oh yeah and five kids and a DH ;)

I think I'll move out soon LOL. - I'm planning on getting them a cage identical to the rats cage so I may HAVE to move out LOL.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
They sound like cute little pets. I can't wait to see a picture of them. Did you ever watch "Chip and Dale" cartoons when you were a child, (I don't know if they had them in England) they were 2 mischievious chipmunks. I think they still have Chip and Dale cartoons from Disney now.

Enjoy your new pets. What are you going to name them?

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I don't think it is disgusting at all! Chipmunks are very clever and funny to watch. Congratulations on your new additions! :D

I have a question, is the reason you (British in general) have smaller pets because your flats or homes are small? It would make sense to me. Over here our homes and properties can be quite large.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL ~ Their names ...... wait for it - (Care of DH I might add) are ..... Chip and Dale LOL.

We do from what I can make out have much smaller homes? I saw an american decorating programme once and EVERY home was enormous compaired to ours! :eek: The thing I'm most jealous about is your fridges LOL - they are awesome and although we do sell them over here (at selected outlets) I wouldn't have room for one IF I had the money :(

My rats cage takes up almost as much room as my sofa! :eek: So to have chipmunks as well is ludicrous (sp?) Ah well I guess I can always re-home DH if I need the space LMAO!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I thought that might be a reason. I like to watch on BBC America Changing Rooms and Ground Force. Your gardens look quite small too. Sorta narrow and long.

Thanks for answering so fast Bev! :D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We have chipmunks living near our woodpile and Gabe leaves them seeds and they come onto our porch to snack. We see them every day a few times. I never thought about them being pets. Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
You have a Staffie Bull? You lucky girl, you! I have an Am Staff (the bigger American version of your cutie)! As for the chipmunks, they are too cute. Be careful though--they will worm their way into your heart!:paw:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Can't wait to see pics!!! I have never heard of chippies as pets. (my mom calls em chippies :D ) I bet they are lots of fun to watch. There is a big craze here for hedgehog and prairie dogs as pets, so I can't imagine that chipmunks would be any stranger or anymore "exotic" than those, or sugargliders even.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lori ~ I LOVE the american Staffs. They do 'look' different as well don't they, apart from being bigger. There is a man round here that has one. He is a beautiful dog. I'll post a pic of mine for you to see. On another post as she deserves her own space lol.

Melissa ~ that's why I wondered what you would all think of keeping chipmunks, as you have them where you live wild. We would never keep a hedgehog as a pet! Well my nan had one that lived under her shed for years when we were little and it had babies too. She used to leave it out milk and food but we wouldn't strictly keep one as a 'pet' anyway they are covered in flees and things :yucky:

I guess we must keep sugar gliders as the cage I bought for the rats is advertised as a sugar glider cage but I don't have the faintest idea what one is, or what they look like and I don't know anybody who has got one lol.

The chipmunks came out today and they are very entertaining, although if they get out I don't think I have much chance in catching it again LOL. They are so pretty, I really must try to get pics - but they are still settleing in and they see you coming and run lol. I'm working on holding them but I think it will take some time. One has let me touch it though - very briefly LOL

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Here is a pic of a Sugar Glider Bev. They kind of look like a cross between a chipmunk and a squirrel. But they are very tiny.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Here is another pic to show how tiny they are.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awww that is so cute! I want one! ;) LOL.

I actually do have a pic of one of these on the back of my chipmunk book! Duh - I thought it was a flying squirrel - shows how much I know! It doesn't show how tiny they are though, they are so sweet!!! I LOVE their massive mad eyes lol

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
You don't have room for another house, do you??? :D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No - shame :( I'm still waiting to win a million pounds/dollars LOL.

DH takes up a lot of room though so I could get rid of him ;) ROFL

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
On tv there was a segment about sugar gliders. and one jumped from the animal "guy" to the host, freaked her right out on live tv. She was creeped out by little animals and screamed "get it off me, get it off me!!" can't remember the show, but it was funny. She was a bad choice to do the segment, don't ya think, lol. I think they are adorable! I'd love to have one, but i'd have to clear it through my 3 birds, two cats and three dogs!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
They sound so cute, they are adorable ! We love to feed them when we go camping ! Have fun with them !!!!

:note: :note: Ol' Bev Roger's had a farm.......Ee i ee i o

:note: :note: :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Lori :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts