Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dh hasn't been able to find a job since 7/05. Personally, I don't think he's tried to hard, but that's beside the point.

In January I took a position as MDS/Medicare Coordinator at a Nursing Home in a neighboring town. (What was I thinking!) Anyway, now dh is Mr. Mom and in charge of most of the household chores.

Do you think my house is clean?! NOT! "I don't know how you did it!", he says. This from the guy who used to complain that I spent all day on the computer!

Btw, the kids are 4 and 5 now, and potty trained. What does he think it was like when they were 15 mo and newborn, or even 2 and 3!

Yeah, I'm a little ticked.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
It is kinda funny. One of those walk a day in my shoes before you comment on what I do or don't do kinda things. I think I would be a little bit peeved too and would have a hard time not saying anything.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I totally agree with justpeachy92! Seems they dont know how it is till they get a taste :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Mu hubby always had a idea when the kids were small how much i did but ignored that fact. Mr. macho thinks he could do anything too. lol
When he had surgery 2 years ago , he thought big deal, your over doing it while watchimg me, and I was too over clean. hahaha
When i needed him for my surgery, he couldnt keep up, and just did the basics. And our kids arent babies, their in school all day lol

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
:shake: Sorry honey, that's a man for you. I have a rare one who picks up after himself most of the time, does laundry and cooks, etc. (And trust me, I KNOW how lucky I am and I am holding onto him with an iron grip!!!)

But he still leaves his socks around, leaves dirty dishes in my shined sink (and for any of my fellow FlyBabies out there, you KNOW how much that ticks me off!!!), doesn't fold things "my" way, etc. He does a great job though and I appreciate everything he does in the run of the day, but when I want something done "my" way, I do it "my" self, because it's not fair to expect him to meet my expectations (with the mild exception of the sink -- grrr!).

So I would just sit back and enjoy your hubby being "Mr. Mom" -- and when he comes to you asking how to get the crayon picture your kids drew on the shower curtain, you can smirk, pat him on the head and show him.

And who knows? This might just motivate the "right job" to suddenly appear for him! :wink:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ha, ha, ha! Reminds me of that song, "Mr. Mom".

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must admit, I am enjoying every "I told you so" minute!

Now he's doing the,"What do you want for supper?" bit, so I give the same answer I always got.... "FOOD!" That really gets him going!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I must admit, I am enjoying every "I told you so" minute!

Now he's doing the,"What do you want for supper?" bit, so I give the same answer I always got.... "FOOD!" That really gets him going!
You have me laughing, I would have said "food" too and see what he came up with, lol :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
As a former MDS Coordinator, I know for a fact that your job is full-time plus some! When I worked I would come home to the same type of thing. My DH only worked 9 days a month so he was responsible for laundry, cooking, basic cleaning. I'd be so angry when I walked in the door. Laundry would be stacked sky-high on the couch. It would be clean, but couldn't he walk a few feet and put it away? Toys would be all over the floor. The TV would be blaring. And what did we have for most dinners? Hamburger Helper! I think I failed to mention that during some of those years BOTH kids were in daycare. What the heck did he do all day?!? GRRRRRRRRR.........thank goodness the roles have changed and now I'M the one who stays home!

Stephanie

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
In January I took a position as MDS/Medicare Coordinator at a Nursing Home in a neighboring town. (What was I thinking!) .
Yeah....what were you thinking?!? :laugh: I do MDS's almost exclusively now, since I went to part-time hours. I have PT assistants who do the fun stuff (resident activities) and I do all the paperwork. Two days a week of MDS's and Care Plans... yee haw.

But, as for Mr Mom, I hope this means that he's at least started appreciating a bit of what you've done all this time. Maybe you could make him a Flylady control journal or something similar with a list of what you typically did in the morning and afternoons, just to give him a "guidebook" to go by. I know my DH gets annoyed if I ask him to help me with things, but if I leave "my" to-do list where he can see it, he'll do some of the things and cross them off without saying a word. ;)

Enjoy your "I told you so" moments- I know I would! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts