Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my youngest son (10) was admitted to Hershey Medical Center for a major infection in his eye. The infection is in the orbital cavity of his eye and thank goodness not in his eye. He woke up Wed. and said his eye hurt him a little. Didn't think anything of it. Just thought he had gotten something in his eye. Thursday still had the eye pain and also had very mild swelling. Took him to the eye doctor and they gave him some drops and thought it may just be allergies. Friday morning he woke up and his eye was swollen shut. So we went to the eye doctor again. They didn't like what they saw and thought it looked like there was something pushing on his right eye so that it would not allow him to look up as far as his left. They wanted a CT scan to see if he had an orbital tumor. After much running from doctor to doctor to hospital to doctor to this hospital, we found out he has a major infection in his orbital cavity which may have been caused by a sinus infection. So he is on IV antibiotics and his eye is still swollen. Please keep Ryan in your thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: frugalfranny

·
Registered
615 Posts
Poor young man. I hope that they get it taken care of. Hope he a speedy recovery and that it doesn't affect his eye sight. Praying for you both.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My goodness! Of all things! I really hate hearing about kids being in pain or sick. It's so hard to watch them suffer. But I am glad that they know what the problem is, and there's something they can do about it. Kids do have a way of bouncing back to their old little selves quick, and since it was caught early, I bet he's running around in no time. :cheer4: I'm sure he's in very good hands, and I'm sure they're keeping him comfortable.

Take care and as hard as it is, try to get some rest too baronmom. Try to keep us posted.

HUGS!

Theresa :)

·
8,714 Posts
~Wow,Traci, I've never heard of an infection like that before! Glad they caught it quickly and it wasn't a tumor, yikes. Hope he recovers quickly!~

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I hope he gets better soon.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is in very good spirits and says that he doesn't have any pain in his eye which is an improvement from yesterday. He still has swollen eye and can hardly open it but if he didn't have that swollen eye you would never know that he is sick. He is really a trooper.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
that is the weirdest thing!! glad he's not having any pain anymore, but still, that is weird and scary. scary and weird.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
sending prayers, hope he feels better fast

·
27,948 Posts
Glad he's feeling better and things were so fixable quickly.:smted:
It's amazing how little things can balloon out of control sometimes. Everything is such a delicate balance.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thinking of you and remembering you in my prayers.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Traci, it's good to hear that Ryan is being a trooper. I will keep him in my prayers.

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for the update!! Still sending prayers and hugs your way - how scary for you all!! Was wondering about the pain - am glad it dimished!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Praying for a full and speedy recovery. Great name by the way, my son is also named Ryan.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Oh the poor little guy!
I hope the infection is cleared up quickly and I am happy to hear it isn't a tumor!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Keeping you and Ryan in my thoughts and prayers. Hope he heals quickly!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Sorry this is going on with you baronmom. It sounds really scary and I hope you remember to get some rest too. But know you are super worried...........

Had no idea sinus infections could get that serious......hope he heels fast and gets home with you soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts