Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on the Georgia coast. I love the mild winters, long summers, good food and sweet tea. :cheer4:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
#1 favorite thing about living in the south - Sweet Tea :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Old time ways.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I love sweet tea, the slower pace, and southern cooking! I live in NW Florida now, and I grew up in NW Alabama. I spent a little time in SW Indiana, and I missed the south so much! I've decided I'll travel wherever I can, but the south will always be home.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I'm a Southerner that actually hates tea! LOL I'd have to say my favorite thing is the food - give me some fried chicken, chicken fried steak smothered in gravy, biscuits smothered in gravy, etc. and I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
The smell of orange juice cooking in the morning, the sound of crocking gators in the summer, magnolia blossoms,the smell of orange blossoms,
spanish moss in the live oak trees, the sight of sunburnt tourists in the grocery store, being able to stand in the frontyard and see the spaceships take off from the Cape, Men who tip there hats and call me mam, taking a sweater into a resturant in August and of course sweet tea.

Laurie in Bradenton (Home of Tropicana Products)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Listening to the Yankees complain about the heat and humidity. LOL Just kidding. Actually the one thing I like about living in the Heart of Dixie is how a community/church/organizations all pull together for a common cause. There too... I love a good 'ol glass of sweet tea and homemade churn ice cream!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I live in Pittsburgh but often visit the south. My favorite thing is the FOOD!!!
They know how to season food in the south. I hate bland food and thats mostly what is served elsewhere in the country.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah ladies, we are truly blessed. I've never had a desire to live anywhere else. Everything I could ever need or want, I already have right here in the heart of Dixie!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Waving, folks around here wave at you as you pass on the road. Doesn't matter that they have no idea who you are.
Sweet Tea
Fat Back
Biscuits and Gravy
Home grown tomatoes

·
Registered
519 Posts
The way perfect strangers will still hold the door open for you.
The way it smells after an afternoon thunderstorm.
Y'all said food, and I have to agree. I'd starve to death anywhere else!
Our love of football and NASCAR.
Being able to start planning/planting our vegetable garden when the rest of the country is buried deep under snow.
The smells of magnolia trees and gardenia bushes.

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I love the fasct that I can wear my sandles and shorts almost year round. Good ole southern comfort food is the greatest.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
excuse this yankee for interrupting your thread :D

...um cooking orange juice?? could you explain this one? Laurie in Brandleton mentioned it

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Of course, I don't live in a southern state. Florida has so many yankees, it's more like a northern state. I was born and raised in the south, so I'd love to move back to south Georgia. I love the weather down here, and being a southerner, the hot summers don't bother me as much as they do the yankees (I love seeing them sweat, and hearing them complain).

I love true southern ways. I miss them, thus the wanting to leave and go "back home". I wish I could afford to live in Savannah, because that would be my first choice of a place to live.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I think everyone pretty much covered it lol .Southern hospitality is what we're known for..well,and our sweet tea,food,long summers,mild winters,and OF COURSE our southern accents :D And yes I have one, big time.My husband even mocks me and he was born and raised here to LMAO

(And Im thinking of moving to Indiana..Id get homesick huh lol)

I love how someone you dont even know will call and say they're sorry to hear about a loss.Or drop food off.How people come together no matter what and if you know them or not.
Nothing better than sitting on the porch swing and people you dont even know ride by and wave.EVERYONE down here waves at EVERYONE!!

Ya'll come visit anytime.We'll have some sweet tea,or coke (sprite,Dr.pepper,pepsi etc LOL) sit on the porch and talk.Then get ready and run down to Wal-Mart.After that we'll come home and fix supper.

Speaking of.Thats what I'm FIXIN to do....go fix supper lol

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
oh yea,I also like how slow paced it is.Light traffic etc. No one gets in a hurry to get where they're going ya know......

I love seeing old farmhouses and barns....clothes hanging on the line (course northerns do that to I guess)

A few things I DONT like are SNAKES and TORNADOS LOL

1 - 20 of 52 Posts