Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you ladies had a kitchen gadget that you couldn't manage without? Not a big thing like a microwave or oven but a small gadget that you find indespensable!

I have a Prestige rotary egg whisk that was my moms and she gave it me shortly after I got married so that's a long time ago!!

But I still use it a lot, even though I have a mixer, processor and blender!
Eggs, batters, quiche, loads of things, I love this little whisk! It's served me faithfully until the other week when the rivets on the handle finally gave way and the handle fell off! But Mike fixed it back on and it's as good as new!

Do you have an idespensable gadget like that?
Julia

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think I'm ashamed to say it----but my can opener :eek: Guess that shows how much of a cook I am ;)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Heather I'm right there with you! I need my can opener. Malcom took ours to work and left it there and I was without it for a couple of days. I never realized how much I needed it!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
My first choice would have to be the coffee maker! The dishwasher is a close second right now. Ds#1 was trained to use as few dishes as possible. We ate off of a lot of paper plates. Now, we just use as many dishes as we like! Ds asked the other day, "Are we keeping the dishwasher?" Dh answered, "Your Mom's not going to let that dishwasher go anywhere!" How right he was!

What was the question? Oh, yeah, kitchen gadget! I was thinking this about something not too long ago, but I can't remember what it was. So much for indespensable.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
My small paring knife, actually I like the style of this one so much I have 3 all the same! :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
oh good! I'm not alone :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I LOVE my Pampered Chef Nylon Spiral Whisk.  It's flat shaped so you can stir the bottom of saucepans, and with it being nylon it doesn't scratch my pots and pans.  I use this almost every day!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Heat proof rubber spatula-I use them every time I am in the kitchen, but a close second would be my good paring knife!!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
As usual I can't pick a favourite. I have two.
The first being my chinese chopper. Being a cooking family and my husband is German, we have a lot of very expensive German knives - all sizes. So I annoy everyone by using my chinese chopper for just about all cutting jobs. It was given to me by my step son and dil after they went to china for holidays a few years ago. Man, I love that chopper. I'm sure it cost only a few dollars but it's just so easy to use and does a great job.
The second is my bee tea maker thingo. I hate using tea bags so I have this little steel mesh ball that I can put tea leaves in and as it has a chain with a bee on the end of it you can drop it in the boiling water like a tea bag. It's F-A-B and I use it several times a day.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love my Pampered Chef chopper!!! I use it for so many things. The toaster oven is second best......

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have too many it is hard to name one :~) but if it says pampered chef it is likely one of my favorites :~)
All depends on what I need at the moment, I love my food chopper and mini spatula, apple cutter & peeler thing (cuts wedges and core out at same time) and other... I have a smoothie machine and snow cone maker that become favorites when (if) the summer comes.....
BUT I have a LOT of gadgets and think I love them all :~) for different reasons..

Eileen

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I LOVE kitchen gadgets! I used to sell Pampered Chef, and now do Tupperware. It is hard to pick a favorite! The Pampered Chef Pizza Cutter is great, and gets a lot of use at my house, I like my stainless steel whisk and silicone spatula too.

·
27,948 Posts
My knives & my wooden spoons. I have my knives on a magnetic strip on the wall & my spoons next to the stove in a big crock.
Next comes my small hand wisks, tea kettle,measuring spoons & cups, instant read thermometer.........

On my wish list is one of those micro planes.:)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My "Chicago Cutlery Knifes"...Micro plane...Tongs...Whisks...Gravy mixer-upper thingy...Wooden Spoons and last but not least...my mini Processor..these are all "Good Things" :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Originally posted by duckduckgoose007
My "Chicago Cutlery Knifes"...Micro plane...Tongs...Whisks...Gravy mixer-upper thingy...Wooden Spoons and last but not least...my mini Processor..these are all "Good Things" :D

Okay Martha! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You got that ... did you Deed???? LOL :toothy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts